I graduated with a First Class law degree before qualifying as a Solicitor specialising in medical negligence claims.
I joined the Medical Negligence team at Fieldfisher having previously worked at another leading specialist Medical Negligence practice for several years.
I has successfully represented Claimants regarding an extensive range of medical negligence claims including birth injury claims.
I have particular experience dealing with claims related to cardiac conditions, meningitis, sepsis, oral cancer and ocular injury. I also have vast experience dealing with cosmetic surgery and orthopaedic claims and have significant experience of bringing claims in both the public and private sector including claims against NHS Trusts, general practitioners, dental practitioners and cosmetic surgeons.
I have worked very closely with several charitable organisations including work with Mouth Cancer Foundation, the UK's leading oral cancer charity. I am passionate about social responsibility and have led many charitable projects.
I have successfully represented many Claimants and work tirelessly to secure compensation for my clients with the aim of funding rehabilitation to help restore my clients' health, independence and quality of life.
- Six figure sum for a client who experienced a delay in diagnosing cervical cancer
- Nearly half a million pounds for a client who experienced chronic regional pain syndrome following negligently performed knee surgery
- Settlement for a client who experienced inappropriate treatment for arteriovenous malformation
- Admission of liability for a patient who experienced a stroke following substandard anticoagulation management.
- Recovered a multi-million pound settlement for a man who suffered a hypoxic brain injury due to negligence during elective surgery.
- Assisted on several successful multi-million pound birth injury claims.
- Successfully represented a Claimant at trial regarding a substandard procedure to treat an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Successfully represented several clients regarding substandard cardiac treatment achieving six figure sums.
- Successfully represented several clients who have experienced substandard obstetric management leading to still birth or neonatal deaths.
- Recovered a six figure sum for a fatal case relating to a delay in diagnosing meningitis.
- Successfully represented a client whose wife passed away due to delays in diagnosing and treating sepsis.
- Recovered a six figure sum for a client who negligently sustained a perineal tear during delivery of her baby.
- Successfully represented several Claimants who have experienced negligent cosmetic surgery including substandard breast augmentation and substandard breast reduction procedures.
- Recovered over £75,000 for a delay in diagnosing lymphoma.
- Early admission of liability on an orthopaedic case relating to substandard hip replacement surgery and securing substantial interim payment to assist with rehabilitation.