General Surgery Claims
Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in general surgery negligence and have extensive experience in a wide variety of general surgery claims.
General surgery refers to the following types of claims:
- bowel claims
- abdomen claims
- bile duct claims
- gut claims
- gall bladder claims
- colon claims
- liver claims
- pancreas claims
Our general surgery experience
- a young lady where a delay in diagnosing appendicitis rendered her infertile
- a young RAF pilot who suffered catastrophic brain damage following a delay in treating him after his abdomen became rigid. He was awarded £4.81million.
General surgery negligence
Medical negligence relating to surgery can have devastating effects on patients and sometimes it may even lead to death. Keyhole surgery (laparoscopy) and cosmetic surgery are a common cause of medical injuries during surgery.
We have acted in a wide range of general surgery cases and the most common medical accidents include:
- leaving surgical instruments in the body cavity
- accidentally severing vital blood vessels or nerves
- operating on the incorrect part of the body or the removal of healthy tissue or organs
- carrying out unnecessary surgery as a consequence of a misdiagnosis or confusion involving notes, x-rays or patients themselves
- leaving items in the patient's body after surgery; this can include sponges, swabs and surgical instruments
For further information or if you believe you have a General Surgery claim, please contact us.
All enquiries are completely free of charge and we will investigate all funding options for you including no win, no fee.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Fieldfisher – Manchester Clinical Negligence Team boosted by the recruitment of Lindsay Holt
Fieldfisher, which boasts a strong clinical negligence team in Manchester headed by Jenny Urwin, have boosted its practice with the recruitment of Lindsay Holt.
Fieldfisher attends AvMA's 30th Annual Clinical Negligence Conference
AvMA (Action against Medical Accidents) held its 30th Annual Clinical Negligence Conference on 29 and 30 June 2018.
Fieldfisher boosts its leading medical negligence team with partner Jenny Urwin joining in March
Leading medical negligence lawyers Fieldfisher has hired Jenny Urwin, Slater and Gordon Lawyers' Manchester head of clinical negligence.
A Face in the Crowd: Maxillofacial Trauma Conference
Fieldfisher is pleased to be running a conference in London on the 15th March 2018 to discuss different aspects of maxillofacial injuries.
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case