General Surgery Claims
Our medical negligence solicitors specialise in general surgery negligence and have extensive experience in a wide variety of general surgery claims.
General surgery refers to the following types of claims:
- bowel claims
- abdomen claims
- bile duct claims
- gut claims
- gall bladder claims
- colon claims
- liver claims
- pancreas claims
Our general surgery experience
- a young lady where a delay in diagnosing appendicitis rendered her infertile
- a young RAF pilot who suffered catastrophic brain damage following a delay in treating him after his abdomen became rigid. He was awarded £4.81million.
General surgery negligence
Medical negligence relating to surgery can have devastating effects on patients and sometimes it may even lead to death. Keyhole surgery (laparoscopy) and cosmetic surgery are a common cause of medical injuries during surgery.
We have acted in a wide range of general surgery cases and the most common medical accidents include:
- leaving surgical instruments in the body cavity
- accidentally severing vital blood vessels or nerves
- operating on the incorrect part of the body or the removal of healthy tissue or organs
- carrying out unnecessary surgery as a consequence of a misdiagnosis or confusion involving notes, x-rays or patients themselves
- leaving items in the patient's body after surgery; this can include sponges, swabs and surgical instruments
For further information or if you believe you have a General Surgery claim, please contact us.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Fieldfisher boosts its leading medical negligence team with partner Jenny Urwin joining in March
Leading medical negligence lawyers Fieldfisher has hired Jenny Urwin, Slater and Gordon Lawyers' Manchester head of clinical negligence.
Substantial six-figure damages for permanent bilateral vocal cord palsy injury at Hillingdon Hospital
Arti Shah has successfully concluded a permanent bilateral vocal cord palsy case for a substantial sum against Hillingdon Hospital.
A Face in the Crowd: Maxillofacial Trauma Conference
Fieldfisher is pleased to be running a conference in London on the 15th March 2018 to discuss different aspects of maxillofacial injuries.
£310,000 damages for unnecessary bowel operation leading to complications
A man suffered serious complications after unnecessary surgery, leaving him with chronic pain, bowel and bladder dysfunction, and mental health problems
£75,000 for man left with permanent stoma after failed Hartmann's procedure at Royal London Hospital
Jonathan Zimmern successfully reached settlement for a client left with a permanent stoma after his surgeon at the Royal London Hospital severed his only remaining ureter during a Hartmann's procedure