Dushal Mehta, Senior Associate
Dushal Mehta is a Senior Associate in the Personal Injury department. He acts exclusively for victims of accidents and industrial diseases. His experience and expertise are in the following areas:
- Work place accident claims
- Road traffic accident claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos disease claims
- Professional Negligence claims
Dushal is regularly instructed to deal with high value and complex serious injury cases (often fatal cases) and is recognised for his work in this field. He has been acting for victims for over 10 years and has been involved in some very high profile cases. Dushal is known for his empathy and hard work. He is often asked to take over cases from other solicitors or bring claims against other solicitors for their mishandling of cases.
Dushal is regularly asked to speak at training sessions for other lawyers and is regularly quoted in the legal and national press for the work he does for his clients.
Dushal has recently appeared in the Court of Appeal and acted in the successful appeal relating to the application of Qualified One Way Costs Shifting in personal injury claims brought against statutory bodies/insurers (Howe v Motor Insurers' Bureau).
Some of the notable cases that Dushal has recently been involved in and is currently working on are:
- Acting for many of the victims of the Finsbury Park and Westminster Bridge attacks (Dushal was interviewed by Radio 4 and was widely reported in the national press)
- Recently settled a claim against a large car manufacturer for a victim who suffered a severe brain injury as a result of falling from a ladder at work.
- Acting for a prison officer who has suffered a head injury having been assaulted at a young offenders institution
Dushal' s serious injury practice has a focus on rehabilitation and ensuring that severely injured claimants receive the immediate and essential medical and financial support they need. He acts for victims of a variety of accidents and with various injuries from serious orthopaedic injuries to psychiatric claims.
Dushal also has a substantial asbestos disease practice and has built up an excellent reputation for achieving substantial settlements for his clients. He recovers well over £2 million in damages for his asbestos disease clients each year. He often deals with challenging and ground breaking cases. His case of Godbert v MOD remains the leading authority in asbestosis cases. He has also built up a reputation for taking on novel cases. Dushal regularly contributes to seminars and annual training sessions. He has also recently organised and chaired an extremely successful conference on the developing area of immunotherapy treatment for mesothelioma patients.
What the leading legal directories say about Dushal
Dushal was always there for me throughout the duration of the claim. He provided me with lots of encouragement and thanks to his determination and support we were able to secure a very positive settlement. The money will go towards providing much needed care for my sister.
Over the course of the claim, Dushal showed me a great deal of respect and courtesy. He gave me a very personal and professional service and was always available when I needed to speak to him.
You have achieved a wonderful result and I shall be eternally grateful to you and Fieldfisher for persevering on my behalf.
You handles everything with such kindness and thoroughness, which made a difficult process much easier. Your company can be very proud of your commitment to their clients. If I find myself having to recommend you, I will do it with pleasure.
Dushal Mehta is very knowledgeable, informative and professional. From our first meeting in my home he provided a first class service which I cannot fault during the most horrific stage in my life.
Recent Cases Include:
- £1 million pounds recovered for a Professor involved in a Road Traffic Accident which resulted in him suffering with chronic pain and not being able to return to his job or continue with his own business.
- Over £240,000 recovered for the wife of the late Mr Taylor who worked for Otis Lifts
- £130,000 recovered for a client that was involved in an accident whilst cycling
- Settlement in test case for death of wife and mother who washed her husband's overalls
- £160,000.00 recovered for wife diagnosed with mesothelioma having washed her husband's overalls when he worked as an engineer when Royal Naval vessels were being built in the late 1970's
- £330,000.00 recovered for family of electrician diagnosed with mesothelioma
- Damages recovered for Painter and Decorator exposed to asbestos in government buildings.
- Merchant seaman recovers damages for 6 hour exposure to asbestos
- £275,000.00 recovered for 47 year old mother of 3 diagnosed with mesothelioma
- Cape asbestos factory compensates worker for lung cancer
- Compensation for widow of former lorry driver of Express Lifts
- Dushal Mehta secures compensation for Ex-British Airways worker
- Fieldfisher archives prove crucial in winning difficult lung cancer case
- Successful pro Bono case of Pauline Martin v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (2014) UKFTT 16/6/14 (SEC)
If you would like to discuss a potential case with Dushal, please don’t hesitate to call him on 020 7861 4033 or email email@example.com