Ian McLachlan was employed as a maintenance engineer at the Sanderson's Wallpaper factory in Perivale, Middlesex between 1969 and 1972. He was exposed to asbestos during the closure of the plant when dismantling and removing heaters that had been used to dry the wallpaper. His employers did not provide him with any respiratory protection or warnings about the dangers of asbestos dust.
He was diagnosed with mesothelioma in October 2012 but it was not possible to conclude the claim before he passed away. The claim was settled on behalf of his widow who wrote
"Thank you for the care and understanding that you showed throughout this case."
If you would like to discuss a possible compensation claim for mesothelioma please contact Caroline Pinfold on 020 7861 4022, by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case