A factory fire in a Wiltshire town has resulted in a processing oven at the site being sealed up because it was found to contain asbestos.
Firefighters noticed the machine contained the deadly mineral and actioned a higher-scale response because of the danger posed.
The fire broke out at a factory in Westbury run by Audience Systems, which makes stadium seats. The plant was built in 1985.
When the processing oven caught fire, the building in Washington Road, West Wilts Trading Estate, was evacuated.
Two fire engines from Trowbridge and one from Warminster initially attended, and emergency workers discovered asbestos in the oven which triggered a major response because of the safety risk.
The building was then checked for traces of asbestos by inspectors.
Audience Systems managing director Mark Cowley said the damaged machine was sealed up and that staff had returned to work following safety checks being carried out.
He said: "The building has been handed back to us and we have made alternative paint coating arrangements for the foreseeable future."
Contact us on freephone 0800 358 3848
Or start your claim online.
"The group is praised for its commitment to 'demystifying the legal process' while this is a firm for which the client has always been a priority"
Fieldfisher has successfully been recognised as an "Occupation and Asbestos Disease Specialists" Fieldfisher are now recognised as assessors
Charities we support
Mesothelioma team share with press tragic story of Chelmsford man left with asbestos cancer
Sarah Wolf is very much hoping that sharing with the local press the heart-breaking story of an honest working man facing the consequences of simply doing the best for his family may prompt former colleagues to come forward with important information.
Teamwork uncovers vital information in Marley tiles asbestos case
Following settlement in a drawn-out case against UK tile manufacturer Marley, Peter Williams said the case would have been finalised sooner had Marley acknowledged that most of its tiles used by his client Roy Morris contained asbestos.
MOD issues asbestos warning to engineers working on Sea King helicopters
According to press reports this week, the Ministry of Defence has issued a warning to Royal Navy and RAF maintenance personnel who worked on Sea King helicopters that they may have come into contact with asbestos.
Sarah Wolf comments on worrying reports regarding asbestos use in the USA
The Fieldfisher mesothelioma team is closely monitoring the furore that has broken out in the US following reports that the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has paved the way for the use of new products containing asbestos.
Bridget Collier leads Fieldfisher sponsored walk for Greater Manchester Asbestos Victim Support Group Charity
Fieldfisher represents parents of Yousef Al-Kharboush who died in ITH Pharma contaminated baby feed case