I have extensive experience advising client boards, senior management and in-house legal teams on strategic, tactical and day-to-day legal, contractual, regulatory, transactional, commercial and operational matters.
I act for supply- and customer-side clients - from blue chip listed companies (including FTSE100 and NASDAQ), multi-nationals, VC, PE and privately backed tech/IP-rich businesses, central government departments and major public institutions to third sector.
Clients typically operate in the TMT, financial services/fintech, manufacturing, retail, life science, health, pharma, medtech, university, central and local government and emergency services sectors.
I have 25 years' experience, combining legal with a background in electronic and communications engineering and first hand industry experience - gained via a first career in IT consulting; and, more recently, also serving as the CIO at my previous law firm.
Legal 500 (2020/21) rank me as a 'Leading Individual' and a 'recognised industry leader ... in light of the broad-ranging expertise he brings across the commercial and regulatory, IT and telecoms landscape'. It also cites: a 'significant understanding of consulting service delivery and the changing landscape associated with technology and how services are applied.'
My expertise includes:
- Strategic sourcing, large scale/complex IT, digital and business transformation projects
- Ultrafast fixed/wireless broadband, network infrastructure and connectivity projects
- ICT manage services, SIAM arrangements, systems integration and cloud services - SaaS, IaaS, PaaS and new 'as-a-service' business models
- Open source, software licensing and bundling
- BPO and business process re-engineering
- Automation (including RPA and AI/machine learning)
- Blockchains, DLT, smart contracts, digital assets and tokenisation
- IoT / industry 4.0 and smart factories, connected cities & autonomous vehicles
- Tech-IP protection, structuring and commercialisation (including business model development)
- Data privacy & cybersecurity – strategy, compliance and breach management
- UK/EU competition law and State aid