The cases I work on often involve multiple jurisdictions and complex issues.
My key cases have included:
- Acting for a construction company in a £100m claim regarding alleged defective infill;
- Acting for a number of litigants in a negligence and breach of contract claim regarding a financial organisation's role as a custodian of funds, which were lost as a result of fraud;
- Acting for global financial organisations in LIBOR, HIBOR, SIBOR, FINMA and FX investigations;
- Cross-border litigation of a global technology organisation in FCPA and Bribery Act investigations;
- Acting in one of The Lawyer’s ‘Top 20 Cases of 2022’ in respect of a US$2 billion fraud claim brought by a state-owned bank;
- Acting in a probate and rightful ownership claim in respect of an estate worth in excess of £100m.
I speak regularly at events and deliver a variety of eDisclosure/eDiscovery-related seminars, particularly with respect to aligning eDisclosure technology to adequately correspond to the court rules of England and Wales, as well as International Arbitral body rules.
I hold a Bachelor of Civil Law Degree (National University of Ireland, Galway, 2003), a Master's Degree in International Law (TCD), and a Barrister-at-Law degree (King's Inns, 2005). In addition, I possess various eDisclosure and Privacy accreditations (CIPP/E) and I am an accredited mediator. I am also a member of the Oil and Gas Arbitration Club. In 2022, I was rated as a Thomson Reuters "Stand-Out Lawyer".
What others say…
Fiona is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She is someone that will get the job done right and on time, she is a good leader, takes charges and coordinates with outside consultants, and is someone that will run with it, unlike others that you would have to nudge along or babysit.
She is very responsive with communications. She's someone you can count on with a serious matter that you're dealing with, and I think she's also just a nice pleasant person to work with.