I assist professional advisers, corporate entities, general counsel and insolvency practitioners to resolve a broad range of disputes both internationally and domestically. I have extensive knowledge of working with US clients and US law firms.
The cases I work on often involve multiple jurisdictions and complex issues.
I have acted in arbitrations under different arbitration rules. I have CEDR accredited mediation training and I am qualified as a Solicitor Advocate in the UK Civil Courts.
My key cases have included:
- Acting for a company involving arbitration in cross border oil price fixing dispute;
- Acting for company in dispute with Middle Eastern contractor in software dispute - arbitration LCIA;
- Acting for South African Mining companies to recover theft of £100 million in shares in South Africa;
- Acting for international commodities company against a Greek Shipping company involving US and UK law whereby the defendant had falsely inflated energy/coal contracts to maintain NASDAQ listing;
- Acting for an electric car company in Malaysian arbitration using UNCITRAL rules;
- Cross-border arbitration for global company against Indian software company;
- Acting for client concerning Scottish mine and performance guarantee bonds underwritten by global insurance giant;
- F1 cross border dispute relating to personal guarantee;
- Acting for former compliance officer of bank re-claim for $1 billion by liquidators and creditors in an offshore jurisdiction regarding alleged dishonest assistance.
I am presently a Committee Member of the Oil and Gas Arbitration Club.
In my personal life, I like to spend time with my husband and three children. I also like running, skiing, horseriding, netball and travel abroad.
What others say…
Donna is a versatile, experienced and commercially-focused dispute resolution and mediation expert, someone who always strives to achieve the best outcomes for her clients. She is a real pleasure to work with.