I am Head of Dispute Resolution at Fieldfisher and a partner in our London office specialising in complex litigation and arbitration.
I have broad experience in commercial disputes, domestically and internationally. My key expertise is in commercial/corporate disputes, technical disputes, domestic and international trade disputes and defamation.
Representative work includes:
- Leading a large cross-border team in a natural resources dispute worth $200m+ in the London High Court involving urgent injunctive relief
- Acting in LCIA arbitration proceedings in London concerning the sale of a cutting edge technology company.
- Conducting proceedings worth $50m+ in the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal in London concerning the acquisition of a renowned copper mine.
- Leading a team in a $40m dispute in the London Commercial Court arising out of allegations of fraud and corruption in Russia
- Conducting €10m+ ICC arbitration proceedings in Vienna concerning delay in a major transnational electricity project
- Acting for a UK regulator in £20m+ proceedings concerning an alleged breach of statutory duty/misfeasance in public office
I have been published in The Lawyer, New Law Journal, Entertainment Law Review and Solicitors Journal on a variety of litigation and arbitration issues as well as being interviewed by both the Guardian and the Independent on legal matters. I have appeared live on BBC television and radio as well as speaking at both the British Turkish Lawyers Association and the American Bar Association.
What others say…
Colin Gibson is a dynamic, excellent head of department, who is very good on the detail, but glosses over irrelevancies to concentrate on the big picture
Colin Gibson is an outstanding practitioner with infallible tactical instincts