My advice is practical and business-minded, focusing on addressing legal risk while meeting your commercial objectives.
Before joining Fieldfisher, I worked at a top-ranked US law firm as a competition counsel and at two global investment banks in London and Singapore as head of investigations. Before moving to London, I was a competition counsel at the European Commission in Brussels.
Competition & Antitrust
I have represented financial institutions and large corporations in landmark competition investigations across the globe, including in airfreight, auto parts, foreign exchange rates, credit default swaps and loan syndication investigations. I regularly advise multinationals, corporates and private equity/investment funds on merger filings, foreign direct investment (FDI) clearances and other competition aspects of mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and restructurings.
Corporate & Regulatory Investigations
As a member of Fieldfisher’s Investigations Hub, I regularly assist financial institutions and other corporate clients on internal and external regulatory investigations covering antitrust, financial and white collar crime, anti-money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud investigations, and governance/senior manager accountability issues. I advise clients on the effective management of legal risk around regulatory compliance, whistleblowing and corporate governance and culture.
I work with clients across a broad range of industries, including financial services, energy, infrastructure, telecoms, transports, technology, retail, supply chain, and food & beverage.
With experience of, and contacts in, the Middle East and Africa, I am part of Fieldfisher's MENA Group that includes more than 20 bilingual speakers and lawyers qualified to practise in the Dubai International Financial Centre Courts.
1. Competition & Antitrust
1.1 Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures and Foreign Direct Investment
- Secured a Phase 1 European Commission merger clearance for a major combination in the food processing sector
- Secured a Phase 1 European Commission merger clearance of two leading UK Power Lines operators
- Secured a Phase 1 CMA merger clearance for a combination of two leading digital marketplaces
- Advised various third parties on European Commission and CMA complex Phase 1 and Phase 2 merger reviews, including UPS/TNT, Deutsche Börse/ NYSE, Three UK/O2, LAN/TAM Airlines, London Stock Exchange/Refinitiv, AON/Willis Towers Watson
- Advised two global healthcare businesses on the competition aspects of a joint venture in the consumer healthcare space
- Representing two leading private equity businesses on various strategic acquisitions and joint ventures across Europe and the Middle East
1.2 Antitrust Investigations
- Acted for a major Asian airline in the global airfreight cartel investigation
- Represented a large French auto parts manufacturer in the auto parts cartel investigation
- Acted for leading UK, EU and US investment banks in the foreign exchange rates, credit default swaps and loan syndication cartel investigations
- Advising a leading financial institution on follow-on actions and related settlements of the foreign exchange rates investigations in the US
2. Corporate Investigations
- Represented a leading financial institution on numerous internal and external anti-money laundering investigations across the globe
- Acted for a leading bank on a landmark sanctions investigation in the EU and US
- Advised financial institutions and other corporate entities on high-profile internal and government regulatory investigations, including anti-money laundering, fraud, white collar crime, governance and senior management accountability
- Implemented a global whistleblowing programme and hotline for several players in the energy, healthcare, telecom, and retail sectors