Why choose our Sanctions and Export Control lawyers?
The Fieldfisher team is here to help businesses seize the opportunities that international trade offers.
Our international Sanctions and Export Controls team navigates the legislation, standards and international agreements that govern global trade, giving you the edge you need.
Fieldfisher's experienced sanctions team includes lawyers who have negotiated and drafted EU and UN sanctions regimes in Government.
Our knowledge and expertise enables us to advise you on a wide scope of issues, from specific transactions potentially subject to sanctions or export controls through to developing regulatory and public policy around UN, EU and UK sanctions.
This expertise, coupled with our offices throughout Europe and close contacts with experts on US sanctions, makes us ideally placed to advise on both the contentious and non-contentious aspects of sanctions and trade restrictions.
Notable deals and highlights include:
- We advised international energy businesses on the Iran sanctions and on refining their business model to navigate various EU, UK and US sanctions and export control regimes.
- We assisted a major European banking institution on EU and US sanctions compliance and the review of their sanctions policy.
- We advised companies, including in the oil and gas sector, on sanctions implications and sanctions due diligence in the context of mergers and acquisitions.
- We advised a worldwide logistics company on the unauthorised export of military items
- We have developed sanctions and export control policies and training materials for numerous universities
- We assisted an international tech-company with self-disclosure and compliance audits
- We advised a worldwide travel company on the impact of sanctions in Cuba, Burma and Iran
- Regularly assistance to companies in devising compliance programs and in-house training
- We successfully de-listed individuals and companies from EU, Canadian and Swiss sanctions regimes
- We represented clients on challenges to EU sanctions listings before the EU courts
- Advising a major US financial services company on the design of new ‘Know Your Customer’ sanctions screening software to capture UK and EU regulatory requirements.
- Assisting a major UK reseller of IT equipment in managing the seizure by UK Border Force of goods for export on the grounds that they may have required an export licence as dual-use goods.
Latest Sanctions and Export Control news and views
Sign up to our email digest
Click to subscribe or manage your email preferences