I act for domestic and international clients in professional negligence matters, shareholder disputes, financial disputes and claims involving fraud. I also have experience dealing with defamation claims and regulatory investigations.
Although I mainly deal with claims before the UK courts, I have also acted in matters outside the jurisdiction including claims before the EU General Court and the Qatar International Court and Dispute Resolution Centre. I work to deliver pragmatic solutions for my clients, including settling cases before trial through alternative dispute resolution, where desirable and appropriate. My clients are often drawn from the financial services, retail and energy and natural resources sectors, in addition to acting for high net worth individuals. I am particularly experienced in advising clients from the Middle East or advising on cases with a connection to the region.
I have particular expertise advising on international sanctions, and deal with both advisory and contentious work. My disputes work includes making successful challenges against the European Council to obtain the delisting of both high net worth individuals and corporate entities subject to sanctions.
Current and recent work includes:
- High value professional negligence proceedings in the Commercial Court in London against a boutique investment bank;
- Acting for an individual before the EU General court in challenges to their sanctions listing, following a string of successful challenges to EU sanctions for a number of other individuals and corporate entities;
- Advising a private company on a complex professional negligence claim against a leading law firm;
- Conducting a high value financial dispute in the High Court in London involving cross-border issues;
- Providing sanctions advice in the context of acquisitions, disposals and new business opportunities in the financial services and energy and natural resources sectors;
- Advising Middle Eastern clients in the retail sector on contractual disputes and a claim for conspiracy.