As well as recapping the main forms of traditional and alternative financing covered in our last guide, our 2020 report includes thought-leading commentary on:
- ESG – the growth of green loans and Sustainability Linked Loans in the resources sector
- Nordic bonds – which are attracting increasing interest from the mining community
- SPACs – popular in the US, these vehicles offer a possible alternative to traditional IPOs
- RTOs – favoured by mining companies looking for ways to expand or change direction
- Dual listings – the pros and cons of taking an equity story to new markets
- Crowd funding – an update on this nascent but promising form of early stage finance
The report also looks at innovations in established forms of mining finance, such as streaming and royalty deals and provides deeper analysis of the advantages and potential pitfalls of private capital, equity and debt financing based on the team's experience of working with borrowers and lenders in a rapidly evolving financing market.