I have particular expertise in corporate finance for the life sciences, technology (including gaming) and energy & natural resources and sectors.
Our Equity Capital Markets team is one of only four in the UK to be ranked Band 1 in Chambers & Partners for Equity Capital Markets (AIM) and is described by Chamber & Partners as an "outstanding capital markets offering."
I am listed in the Legal 500 for Equity Capitals Market (AIM) as a "Next Generation Partner" and it describes me as "highly regarded" and "very approachable, knowledgeable and commercial."
I am also a member of the exam panel for the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment's Diploma in Corporate Finance.
Recent notable transactions include:
- Devolver Digital, Inc as its lead IPO counsel, on its IPO and c. £200m fundraising, the second largest IPO on AIM by market cap (c. USD 1 billion) in the history of the market
- AIM-listed Blue Prism, the leader in AI and robotic process automation, on its acquisition of Thoughtonomy;
- AIM-listed Checkit plc (formerly Elektron Technologies) on its disposal of the Bulgin business and return to shareholders by way of tender offer of the majority of the sale proceeds;
- AIM-listed Seeing Machines Limited, a leader in AI and driver monitoring technology, on its placings and open offers;
- AIM-listed EVR Holdings, the virtual reality content provider, on its reverse takeover of Melody VR and its readmission to AIM;
- Synairgen plc on its £87 million fundraising to support its Phase III trial and manufacturing scale up of its potential COVID-19 therapeutic, with Numis Securities and finnCap as joint bookrunners.
- Cenkos Securities plc on the IPO, placing and vendor placing of AIM-listed Diaceutics plc, the life sciences diagnostic and consultancy business;
- Stifel on the IPO of AIM-listed Ergomed plc, the clinical trials services and drug development business and acting for Numis and N+1 Singer on Ergomed's subsequent acquisitions and secondary fundraisings;
- Panmure Gordon on the IPO and secondary fundraisings of AIM-listed Horizon Discovery, the gene editing, diagnostics and CRO services business;
- Panmure Gordon and Bank DeGroof Petercam on the reverse takeover of Ecuphar (the Belgian veterinary medicines business ) by AIM listed Animalcare Group plc, its associated fundraising of c. £33 million and readmission to AIM;
- SigmaRoc plc, as lead IPO counsel, on its acquisition of Nordkalk, reverse takeover, £260 million placing and readmission to AIM, with Peel Hunt, Liberum Capital and Numis acting as joint bookrunners.
- Liberum Capital, Tamesis and Cormark on the £32 million fundraising of Shanta Gold Limited
- finnCap Limited on the admission to AIM of Gemfields Group, a world-leading supplier of responsibly-sourced emeralds and rubies and which also owns the world-renowned luxury jewellery brand, Fabergé;
- finnCap on the reverse acquisition by AIM quoted-Nautilus Marine Services plc of a number of offshore services assets and its readmission to AIM;
- Standard & Poor Global Indices UK on its recommended cash offer for Trucost plc.
- Investment fund Barker Partnership LP on its recommended cash offer for AIM-listed Synnovia plc;
- Poly Glorious Investment Company Limited on its £50 million takeover of AIM-listed MayAir Group plc;