I represent companies, funds and entrepreneurs in commercial, banking and finance disputes as well as collectors and artists involved in difficult commercial disputes. I also advise those who have issues arising out of cryptoassets and NFTs.
I am experienced in shareholder disputes, fraud matters as well as contractual and regulatory disputes.
I am a CEDR accredited mediator and am a registered mediator with the Civil Mediation Council. I also represent clients at mediations.
I am also an accredited solicitor advocate with higher rights of audience in all courts and have represented clients in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
I have had articles published in the New Law Journal and Commercial Litigation Journal.
Disputes in my practice are varied and have included:
- Acting for noteholders in disputes with IBRC and other banks over the expropriation of notes following an exchange offer for new notes which were valued at substantially less than the existing notes, setting precedent in Assenagon Asset Management SA v Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Ltd  EWHC 2090 (Ch) (27 July 2012).
- Advising an art collector about a substantial collection which failed to sell at auction by a reputable auction house.
- Successfully represented three of the defendants in the Michael Douglas & Ors -v- Hello! trial as solicitor-advocate on issues of breach of confidence and privacy.
- Representing Wirecard in striking out a conspiracy claim: Manek & Ors v Wirecard AG  EWHC 1904 (Comm) (15 July 2020).
- Advising a global bank on regulatory matters.
What others say…
Confident, very professional, ethical and detailed-oriented
A strong practice in finance-related litigation, including bondholder and noteholder disputes
Particularly recommended for cross-border disputes