The multitude of possible legal risks presents companies with a Herculean task. In order to adequately counter this task, it is necessary to shed light on the legal risks from a wide variety of relevant areas.
We intend our special, interdisciplinary range of services for companies and entrepreneurs to meet the increasing need for an appropriate balance between legal risks and entrepreneurial risk management.
With the help of our forensic compliance experience we want to legally secure corporate actions in such a way that liability issues can recede into the background.
We filter out the specific legal risks of your company, evaluate them according to their probability of realisation and significance and develop appropriate tailor-made preventive and reactive measures in order to effectively counter the identified risks and avoid or repel liability cases.
Advantages of Consulting
Increased regulation and monitoring, often accompanied by high fines, can massively endanger the economic success of companies as well as the personal livelihoods of their board members:
- There are directors' and officers' liability risks (e.g. pursuant to Section 93 (2) Sentence 1 AktG, Section 116 Sentence 1 AktG and Section 43 GmbHG).
- Section 130 (1) OWiG regulates personal fines imposed on executives for failure to take supervisory measures.
- Section 30 (1) OWiG provides for an obligation to the company to pay a fine if a manager has committed a criminal offence or an administrative offence.
- The upcoming Corporate Criminal Liability Act will extend criminal liability to companies.
- Further obligations to pay fines exist according to various special legal regulations, which in individual cases can even destroy a company's existence.
It is possible to counter these sanctions through effective Risk & Compliance management.
The investment in consulting costs is therefore worthwhile in order to prevent or at least significantly mitigate the negative consequences of non-compliance.
However, you cannot buy effective compliance management. It is always the result of a process that every company has to go through individually. In this process, our Risk Advisory & Compliance Team accompanies you and ensures that the right course is set as legally required.
Risk Advisory & Compliance consulting is a cost factor, but offers considerable advantages:
- Exposure of risks and reduction of risk potential
- Possible liability release of the Executive Bodies and the company through measures that serve to ensure a legally compliant conduct and risk minimization
- Ensuring economic efficiency by avoiding considerable economic damage in the event of infringements
- Process optimization and increases in efficiency
- Cost optimization through determination of savings potentials
- Improvement of competitive positioning
- Reputation strengthening through positive corporate communication and avoidance of negative headlines
Challenges for Risk Advisory
The challenge in Risk Advisory & Compliance consulting is to identify the specific compliance legal risks of a company...
Risk Advisory - More than just Compliance
Adherence to rules and regulations is existential for a company and its bodies. However, failures in compliance can often not be avoided 100%. For this reason, it is important to identify and assess legal risks in advance and to take measures to mitigate liability afterwards.
Our free of charge Risk Advisory & Compliance hotline is accessible 24/7. We will treat your request confidentially and will immediately care about.
Feel free to use our hotline in emergency cases such as a dawn-raids, for sparring purposes or just for contacting us. We are at your service.