I am a partner in the banking team and my practice centres around asset finance, advising banks and other financial institutions, as well as ultra-high net worth individuals, on domestic and cross-board lending transactions.
I specialise in the venture debt and growth finance market, acting on loan facilities made available to companies predominantly in the technology (including Fintech, SaaS and eCommerce) and life sciences sectors. I enjoy acting lender and borrower side on venture debt term loans and working capital lines of credit, with a particular focus on taking security over receivables and IP.
A large part of my work also focusses on private banking and wealth management matters, acting on international transactions with a focus on art finance, aircraft (corporate jet) finance, yacht finance and margin call facilities.
My experience includes:
- Long term panel advisor to a US headquartered bank on all aspects of its venture and growth loan portfolio, constituting term loan and working capital line facilities ranging from £1,000,000 - £50,000,000 made available to technology and life sciences borrower companies;
- Drafting template documentation for a UK specialist bank's growth capital product and subsequently acting on its growing loan portfolio;
- Acting on a number of deals for a UK specialist bank, where block and wholesale (uncommitted and committed) facilities are granted to borrowers in the lending sector and secured by underlying customer loans;
- Advising a leading private bank on a loan facility to refinance the purchase of a Bombardier Global 7500;
- Acting for a leading private bank on a £150,000,000 loan to a Swiss entity, secured on a portfolio of artwork;
- Acting for a leading private bank on committed and uncommitted "margin call" facilities secured by securities custodied with the bank.
- Acting for an ultra-high net worth individual on the purchase and finance of a 62m super yacht through a Cayman SPV entity.
What others say…
Very responsive and not easily flustered