My areas of practice include advising on international expansion issues, corporate operational matters at all stages of a business's lifecycle and supporting global corporate legal projects as US companies grow internationally.
I act for both fast growing, typically venture backed, US businesses as well as US headquartered listed companies with global operations. My clients are predominately in the technology sector.
I have advised a number of businesses with unicorn status including a market leading software business on their expansion into 15 jurisdictions simultaneously, a large DevOps platform on their UK operations and international expansion strategy and a security camera platform on their UK structure and ongoing operational matters.
Recent work highlights (gained at another firm) include:
- advising a listed cyber security company on its European corporate operations;
- assisting on the international legal work associated with the sale of a media company to a world leading technology company;
- coordinating the international legal elements for a Silicon Valley headquartered business as it obtained a majority investment from a well-known private equity house;
- advising a retail technology company on its entry into the UK;
- advising a fast growing DevSecOps business on its European expansion strategy; and
- coordinating the international legal aspects of the sale of a San Francisco based business to a multi-national cloud based software company.
I joined Fieldfisher in 2021 from the Silicon Valley office of another international law firm. I have been located in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2018.
I qualified as a solicitor of England and Wales in 2011. I am a registered foreign legal consultant with the State Bar of California.