I act for clients in high-value complex English High Court litigation and international arbitration. I have advised clients on claims relating to breach of contract, fraud and shareholder disputes across a variety of sectors including banking, energy and telecoms. My clients include corporate entities of all sizes, as well as high-net-worth individuals, located in the UK and internationally.
Recent cases I have worked on include:
- Advising a high-net-worth individual in an LCIA arbitration relating to his investment and joint venture synthetic diamond production business.
- Representing Cypriot companies in a USD 5.5 billion claim under SCC Rules brought against Ukraine under the Energy Charter Treaty relating to investments made in Ukraine's largest energy company.
- Acting for a high-net-worth individual to obtain summary judgment following a multi-million euro banking tech-fraud.
- Securing judgment on behalf of an Israeli court-appointed trustee in connection with the bankruptcy of one of the largest private bankruptcies in Israeli history.
- Representing an African government in an ICC arbitration in relation to a telecommunications dispute.
- Obtained a world-wide freezing injunction against a Russian oil refinery on behalf of an Irish commodities company.
- Successfully served proceedings relating to a £1bn claim in the English High Court personally on an ultra-high-net-worth non-resident in the English jurisdiction (and confirmed the present test for such service following the Defendant's challenge to service).
- Acted for an international bank in multiple LCIA arbitrations against individuals in the UAE and in Russia in relation to loan disputes.
- Successfully challenged an arbitral award in the Commercial Court brought under section 68 of the Arbitration Act 1996.
In my spare time I enjoy travelling, yoga and socialising with friends. I am also a keen American football fan and try to watch my native New Orleans Saints at any opportunity.