I am a UK qualified solicitor in the restructuring and insolvency team in Fieldfisher's London office.
- Contentious Insolvency
- Dispute Resolution
- Restructuring and Insolvency
- Restructuring and Non-Contentious Insolvency
I have a broad range of experience in both transactional insolvency matters and contentious issues whether relating to corporate insolvency or bankruptcy.
Whilst I am a UK qualified solicitor, I have experience within Australian and UK insolvency practitioner firms. I can therefore readily understand the objectives of insolvency practitioners and can advise clients accordingly.
Our clients are often varying types of lenders, directors, insolvency practitioners, receivers or creditors seeking to navigate the insolvency landscape.
Typically, I am involved day to day with:
- reporting to lenders on the validity and enforcement of security
- appointment of administrators or receivers
- advising on claims in administrations, liquidations or bankruptcy from creditors
- actions against directors and shareholders who have may have misappropriated assets or property or breached their duties
- acting for clients purchasing businesses from an administrator or acting for the administrator or liquidator on sale
- guiding directors of distressed companies
- using powers under section 236 of the Insolvency Act 1986
Historically, whilst working for insolvency practitioners, I:
- traded businesses including a home builder, an education charity, and a coal mining sub-contractor, preparing cash flows and outcome statements
- investigated and recovered unlawful/antecedant transactions
- implemented deed of company arrangements (Australian equivalent to a CVA)
- sold business and assets in various industries including manufacturing, finance, retail, and technology
- liaised with lenders in relation to secured assets, collection and sale and recoveries
- managed and sold property / real estate
I enjoy restructuring and insolvency work as it is a fast-paced environment requiring you to think on your feet and provide solutions to critical issues. I have 15 years' experience in the industry - I qualified with a first-class honours degree, won the Oxford University Press Prize for achieving the highest mark in years two and three of my degree, and went on to complete the Australian equivalent to the JIEB. I am a full member of R3.