Andy is a Senior Associate in Fieldfisher's Corporate Team, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital and growth equity transactions.
Andy advises on a broad range of corporate matters, with a particular focus on venture capital, growth equity and M&A transactions.
Emerging Companies and Venture Capital / Growth Equity
Andy acts for high-growth companies and institutional investors on venture capital and growth capital transactions and has significant expertise having acted on more than 50 venture capital and growth equity transactions to date.
Recent Engagements (VC)
- Acting for UK fintech Carmoola, a car financing platform, on the equity aspects of its £103m Series A financing led by US venture capital funds QED Ventures and Elysium Capital, with participation from co-investment funds Venturefriends, Clocktower and Truesight Ventures.
- Acting for Hived Limited on its $12.5m Series A financing, with participation from Planet A Ventures, Maersk Growth, Pale Blue Dot, Eka Ventures, and on multiple convertible loan note financings.
- Advising virtual reality retail and fashion platform EmperiaVR on its $9.2m Series A equity financing led by US investment funds Base10 with participation from Sony.
- Acting for University of Manchester pre-clinical spin-out company, Complement Therapeutics (CTx), on its €72m Series A financing co-led by Gimv (a Belgian-based private equity and venture capital fund) and Forbion, with participation also from BioGeneration Ventures (BGV), Panakès Partners, Cambridge Innovation Capital, Hadean Ventures and Seroba Life Sciences. Andy also acted on CTx's spin-out from the University of Manchester and on its €5 million seed financing round from BGV and Forbion in February 2022.
- Advising VR fitness games developer FitXR on its Seed, Series A and Series A+ equity financings with participation from Hiro Capital, Boost Ventures and TriplePoint.
- Acting for UK leading venture capital EIS fund, Fuel Ventures, on 10 Seed and Series A Investments into high growth companies predominately based in the technology sector.
- Advising last-mile logistics tech business Quiqup on a $12m convertible loan note financing from Arqaam Capital and on its Series B and later stage financing rounds.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Andy also advises sellers, management teams and acquirers on mergers and acquisitions, often with cross-border elements.
Recent Engagements (M&A)
- Acting for a global group of industry-leading digital agencies focused on the luxury and lifestyle sectors on 8 complex cross-border acquisitions as part of its buy-and-build strategy and in closing multiple acquisition finance facilities.
- Acting for a NYSE listed client's UK business on its strategically important acquisition of Founder Intelligence.
- Advising family office investment fund and Bidco on its acquisition of a majority stake in UK dessert parlour brand and food retail chain Creams Café and on the new equity arrangements in holdco.
- Acting for the sellers of the IT service management company, Helecloud, on the sale of the company to SoftwareONE.
- Acting for Honest Health on its seed financing round and then the Founders/Shareholders on their subsequent exit to NYSE listed, Hims & Hers Health, Inc.
- Acting for the sellers of Six to Start, a fitness app developer, on the sale of the company to Australian listed, OliveX Holdings.
- Acting for selling shareholders of a leading medical & healthcare equipment manufacturer on their disposal of a 60% interest to a Chinese listed acquirer.
- Acting for one of the world's leading small arms manufacturers, CANiK on its acquisition of a 80% stake in AEI Systems.
- Acting on the sale of esports gaming company Fantasy Football Scout to a Canadian listed purchaser.
Andy was short-listed for Young Lawyer of the Year at the Insider Young Professional Awards 2022, with particular mention for his client dedication, responsiveness and commerciality.
What others say…
Andy has been instrumental in closing three VC rounds for FitXR. Despite often working under immense time pressure, his demeanor and attention to detail are exceptional. He is a pleasure to work with and always builds strong rapport with both sides of the deal.
Andy has been a vital part of the extended Fuel Ventures team over the last few years. Since launching in 2016, we've quickly become one of the most active seed funds in the UK, and that comes with its own challenges around producing suitable legal documentation quickly. On several occasions, we've relied on Andy to support us in writing multi-million pound tickets into some of the UK's fastest growing businesses such as: Feast It, Wollitt, Market Materials, Cutbox and Peckwater Brands. The work that Andy has put into his relationship with us at Fuel has been vital for the progression of our business.
Andy is a tremendous asset to Fieldfisher. He was instrumental to Six To Start’s exit to Australian based OliveX in 2021. Andy was always available for support and held everything together. We could not have done it without him. The deal had a critical timescale to close before the chancellor stood up to deliver his budget in March. It was a complex international deal and Andy made sure we met the deadline. He definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. I could not recommend him more highly and would actively look to work with him in the future.
Andy is a diligent lawyer with a great attention to detail, and played a key role in the acquisition of Honest Health. Andy gave us excellent legal counsel, based on his broad experience executing venture capital and M&A transactions. Above all, Andy is approachable, friendly, and a great person to have on the team. Andy and the wider Fieldfisher team have been instrumental to the success of Honest Health over the years. From advising us before our seed round, to arranging our first capital raise, and supporting us throughout our acquisition, we have always felt that we are no more than one email or phone call away from outstanding legal counsel.