As a seasoned Serious Injury practitioner, I've represented many victims of road traffic collisions, cycling collisions, accidents at work and in public places and aviation disasters for more than 20 years. I also specialise in representing amputees, ensuring they receive the expert rehabilitation and support they need.
Over the years, I have built a strong general aviation practice representing people who suffered injury while acting as a pilot under instruction, as well as the families of individuals fatally injured in domestic air crashes.
I regularly take over cases from other solicitors and am currently instructed by the Official Solicitor to represent a 24-year-old boy who suffered catastrophic injuries arising out of a road traffic collision in which three of his friends died and his brother was injured. I was instructed to take over conduct of the claim in place of the boy’s mother who was not acting in his best interests.
I regularly support families at the inquest into the death of a relative following a catastrophic accident.
- I represent the family of Gordon Emin against the MOD. Gordon was killed in a helicopter crash in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- I represented the family of the late Flt. Lt Sean Cunningham, a member of the Red Arrows, who sustained fatal injuries arising out of an incident at RAF Scampton in November 2011.
- I represent the family of 8-year-old Dev Naran, killed on a Smart motorway in 2018.
- I represent a woman badly burnt in Dubai in a sand buggy accident.
- I represent the family of Kim Briggs, killed by cyclist Charlie Alliston, riding without front brakes.
What others say…
"Fantastic - knowledgeable and really fights for his clients.""Very good at serious injury and knows his way around a complicated case."
Keith Barrett and Dushal Mehta have few rivals in the industry for their sheer brilliance in conducting high value and complex litigation.
formidable operator ... extremely dedicated and leaves no stone unturned.
Keith Barrett is a behemoth of personal injury litigation. He is extremely well regarded by his clients and opponents alike, receiving multiple weekly referrals through word of mouth/reputation. He is a unique operator, placing every one of his clients at the heart of his service and he is never afraid to run an application or trial if in the clients best interests. This often results in him working seven days a week for his clients. An exceptional litigator.
Keith has a very good awareness of how to talk to clients in an empathetic manner that makes them feel relaxed about the whole process.
The ultimate solicitor - the best negotiator in the business.