Why choose our Technology solicitors?
Like our clients, we are always at the forefront of tech and what it means from a regulatory, legal and commercial standpoint. We know that there are fine margins in getting that crucial competitive advantage at the apex of technology, and a law firm who can predict change will make the difference.
With industry specific expertise in privacy, employment, real estate, corporate and commercial matters as well as the full spectrum of dispute resolution, we are committed to securing our client's best outcome. Europe-wide, we are one of the largest legal teams in the entire technology field, meaning we can flexibly advise on a range of issues without sacrificing our famously high standards of client service.
In addition, we have access to expert regulation lawyers through our Public and Regulatory unit, who are dedicated to helping clients navigate the complex legal and regulatory challenges in this fast-paced digital era. The enactment of the Online Safety and Media Regulation Act 2022 and the establishment of Comisiún na Meán, together with the imminent implementation of the Digital Services Act are just some of the recent developments with which Irish based technology companies will need to become familiar. Our in-depth knowledge of both Irish and EU technology laws, means we are equipped to assist clients in understanding and complying with ever changing legal requirements, mitigating risks and ensuring the responsible and ethical use of their services.
We strives to act as an extension of our clients’ in-house teams, rather than as external advisor at arms length. Given the rate of change of technology and privacy laws, we are always happy to share our experiences and act as a sounding board as new issues arise.
Areas of Practice:
Our integrated approach means that we work as one team with colleagues across practice areas including:
- Corporate and Commercial
- Real Estate
- Banking and Finance
- Public and Regulatory
- EU, Competition & Regulatory
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Advising multiple Irish public sector agencies on the procurement and licensing of new platforms which are key components of their digital transformation journeys.
- Advising leading professional service organisation on its global technology sourcing, including procuring cutting-edge technologies such as robotic process automation and advising on a number of large scale, multinational outsourcings.
- Supporting an energy broker platform provider in the development of its standard contractual documents and in negotiations with numerous established and challenger energy providers.
- Supporting a leading coffee chain the appointment of a new provider for the development of an app to support its new loyalty programme.
- Advising a large pharmacy chain on a major IT transformation project for the implementation of new, business critical head office and in-store software.
- Supporting a leading global data-science company, including the transformation of its contractual documentation and providing technology procurement support