Our European network of offices supports an international client base alongside our Silicon Valley and China offices. Among our clients we count social media sites and high street coffee chains as well as pharmaceutical, life sciences, professional service firms and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and technology leaders.Apply now
About our Privacy Offering
Fieldfisher's Privacy, Security and Information team is one of the largest and most specialised European privacy and data protection teams, with a truly global outlook. We are a specialist, market-leading team with international coverage, including offices in Europe, China and the USA (Silicon Valley), and a unique expertise gained over years of advising on business-critical global privacy and data protection projects and technology work.
The Team provides a range of services to assist clients in meeting their obligations under data protection legislation particularly regarding compliance with GDPR and ePrivacy. Our advice spans over four main areas:
- Operational Compliance (data transfers, DPO support, data subject rights, ePrivacy);
- Commercial and Product (DPIAs, Apps, AdTech);
- Cyber and Crisis Management (Data breaches);
- Regulatory Inquiries and litigation.
Due to our continued growth, we have an immediate vacancy for a Solicitor to join our Privacy Team in Dublin. The successful candidate will have a diverse range of work including:
- data breach management and advice;
- regulatory investigations/engagement;
- working with the Corporate Team on privacy related aspects of mergers and acquisitions – see example of this work here;
- direct marketing and ePrivacy compliance;
- conducting DPIAs;
- reviewing a host of commercial agreements – SaaS, HaaS etc.;
- acting as a data protection officer for clients;
- international data transfers.
Whilst there is a preference for full-time candidates, part-time candidates and flexible working will also be considered and we will consider talented non Irish qualified lawyers with relevant experience.
What makes the role unique?
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of the Irish Privacy Team but will also work regularly with the wider Global Privacy, Security and Information Law Group on cross-jurisdictional projects gaining invaluable experience on global data projects.
To apply for the role please submit your CV to HR.Ireland@fieldfisher.com or if you have any questions or would like to discuss the role confidentially please contact Karen Dempsey, Human Resource Director on 01 8280600.
Competitive salary and compensation package offered including:
- Medical Benefits through our provider Webdoctor
- 3 days paid leave to cover Christmas closure each year
- 5 days paid Paternity leave
- 5 days paid Wedding leave
- Paid Maternity leave contributions
- Travel Tax Incentive Scheme
- Bike to Work Initiative
- Group Life Assurance Scheme
- Income Protection Insurance
- Flu Vaccination
- Wellness Programme
- Sports and Social Clubs
- Early finish on Public holiday weekends
Fieldfisher is an equal opportunity employer.