I provide strategic advice on all aspects of regulatory decision-making. I have acted on high profile litigation in the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. I have also advised on investigations, inquiries and non-contentious matters across a broad range of sectors including financial services, technology, media and construction.
I have a particular interest in the regulation of technology, and have spoken at conferences and written for legal publications on the topic of digital competition law.
I have spent time on secondment at Viacom International Studios where I worked for both public sector and commercial broadcasters, as well as at a statutory regulator advising on policy and drafting guidance for industry.
My recent experience includes:
- Acting for a non-departmental public body on challenges to its £200m annual levy;
- Advising a core participant to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry;
- Assisting an industry regulator with its first ever statutory investigation, looking into unlawful business practices;
- Advising a financial regulator on its engagement with and response to an independent investigation;
- Advising on a £170m High Court claim for breaches of competition law;
- Advising clients on competition and consumer law investigations by the Competition and Markets Authority.