My experience includes acting on complex disputes held in the High Court and arbitration (LCIA, ICC, LME). I also have experience in DIFC Courts. My areas of expertise extend to fraud and assets recovery, banking and cryptocurrency litigation, jurisdiction challenge, breach of contract and shareholders agreement, tort claims such as economic tort and conspiracy to injure, trademark and libel matters.
Selected High Court litigation experience:
- Represented oil company based in Kurdistan in a $1.8 billion claim against the Kurdistan Regional Government of Iraq and its former minister. In this matter regarding economic tort and conspiracy to injure issues of jurisdiction and state immunity were brought before English courts.
- Acted for the Ukrainian Defendant in a $2 billion dispute over iron ore mining business.
- Represented the Claimant successfully obtaining Worldwide Freezing Order Application in parallel to company restoration application in respect of EUR 200 million fraud in Ukraine.
- Acted for the Defendants in $100 million dispute between the Russian parties involving breach of the shareholders agreement.
- Acted on behalf of the Kazakh client, Respondent to the Charging Orders, in relation to London properties worth £38 million.
- Represented the Middle East’s leading private equity investment banking group against former Leeds United owner in a £5 million fraud case. The DIFC judgement against the Defendant was successfully enforced in England.
Selected arbitration experience:
- Acted on behalf of the Russian Respondent in a $100 million dispute regarding breach of the shareholders agreement brought before the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Represented the Russian Claimant in a £20 million claim for breach of contact (LCIA arbitration).
- Successfully represented a Belgian client in resisting a jurisdiction challenge and winning on merits in a London Metal Exchange (LME) arbitration. The dispute related to the sale of zinc ingots to a Saudi Arabian counterparty raised complex issues as to conditions precedent, letters of credit, and hedging losses.
- Successfully represented a telecom company against another telecom company in an arbitration matter before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) for breach of contract. The arbitration award was then enforced in England by an application to the Commercial Court.
I am fluent in Ukrainian and Russian.
Committee member of BULA (British Ukrainian Law Association)
Member of the Ukrainian Bar Association and the Ukrainian Arbitration Association