I joined the Personal Injury team at Fieldfisher in 2009 and was promoted to partner in 2019. I am recognised in the legal directories for my hard work and dedication in achieving the best results for my clients and in particular for my client handling skills.
I specialise in complex, high-value personal injury claims, with 15 years' experience representing people injured in accidents in the UK and abroad, including:
- Road traffic accidents
- Work place accidents
- Fatal Accident claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos disease claims
- Claims arising out of terrorist attacks
- Professional Negligence claims
My focus is to secure immediate medical and financial support for clients to enable their rehabilitation. I also represent the families of those killed in accidents at inquests and in their personal injury claims. I have an excellent reputation for achieving substantial settlements for clients suffering from asbestos-related diseases.
I am regularly instructed to take over cases when clients are dissatisfied with their previous solicitors. I also act for several clients in claims against their previous solicitors for under-settling a claim or for incorrect advice.
I have been involved in many high-profile and significant cases. Recently, I successfully acted for the claimant in the Court of Appeal case Howe v MIB, a significant costs case with industry-wide implications on costs protection for individuals bringing personal injury claims.
I recently successfully recovered at trial one of the highest reported awards in a mesothelioma claim, widely reported as one of the most significant cases in fatal accident dependency claims. Read more here or watch a video about the case below.
Recent notable cases include:
- Acting for victims of terrorist attack at Finsbury Park and Westminster Bridge.
- Acting for the family of respected scientist Maria Bitner Glindzicz at the inquest into her tragic death and subsequent civil claim
- Multi-million pound settlement against a car manufacturer for an employee who suffered severe brain injury falling off a ladder.
- Seven-figure settlement for a guard assaulted at a Youth Offenders Institute, causing severe head injury.
- Six-figure settlement for a Romanian national working and living in the UK involved in a serious road traffic accident.
- Significant six-figure settlement for an aspiring boxer who suffered extreme anaphylactic shock after being served a milk shake containing nuts.
- £1m recovered for an academic who suffered chronic pain following a road traffic accident, preventing him from working (previous solicitors put it through the small claims portal for low value personal injury claims).
I speak at training sessions for lawyers and regularly comment in the national press on high-profile cases with wide public interest, including BBC Radio 4 Today programme, BBC London Radio and BBC London News. I recently chaired a conference on the developing area of immunotherapy treatment for cancer patients.
I am a member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers).
What others say…
Dushal Mehta is highly experienced in representing claimants suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses. "Extremely hard-working and willing to take on difficult cases."
Keith Barrett and Dushal Mehta have few rivals in the industry for their sheer brilliance in conducting high value and complex litigation.
Dushal Mehta is highly experienced in representing claimants suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses. Sources note that he is a "dedicated and incredibly hardworking" practitioner, who "knows this area inside-out. He's very good with his clients - they really love him and they absolutely trust him."
he's very knowledgeable and gets brilliant results
an exceptional lawyer' with 'excellent' client-handling skills
excellent Dushal Mehta…very thorough, patient and hard-working