I joined the Personal Injury team at Fieldfisher in 2009 and was promoted to partner in 2019. I am recognised in the legal directories for my hard work and dedication in achieving the best results for my clients and in particular for my client handling skills.
I specialise in complex, high-value personal injury claims, with 15 years' experience representing people injured in accidents in the UK and abroad, including:
- Road traffic accidents
- Work place accidents
- Fatal Accident claims
- Mesothelioma and asbestos disease claims
- Claims arising out of terrorist attacks
- Professional Negligence claims
My focus is to secure immediate medical and financial support for clients to enable their rehabilitation. I also represent the families of those killed in accidents at inquests and in their personal injury claims. I have an excellent reputation for achieving substantial settlements for clients suffering from asbestos-related diseases.
I am regularly instructed to take over cases when clients are dissatisfied with their previous solicitors. I also act for several clients in claims against their previous solicitors for under-settling a claim or for incorrect advice.
I have been involved in many high-profile and significant cases. Recently, I successfully acted for the claimant in the Court of Appeal case Howe v MIB, a significant costs case with industry-wide implications on costs protection for individuals bringing personal injury claims.
I recently successfully recovered at trial one of the highest reported awards in a mesothelioma claim, widely reported as one of the most significant cases in fatal accident dependency claims. Read more here or watch a video about the case below.
Recent notable cases include:
- Acting for victims of terrorist attack at Finsbury Park and Westminster Bridge.
- Acting for the family of respected scientist Maria Bitner Glindzicz at the inquest into her tragic death and subsequent civil claim
- Multi-million pound settlement against a car manufacturer for an employee who suffered severe brain injury falling off a ladder.
- Seven-figure settlement for a guard assaulted at a Youth Offenders Institute, causing severe head injury.
- Six-figure settlement for a Romanian national working and living in the UK involved in a serious road traffic accident.
- Significant six-figure settlement for an aspiring boxer who suffered extreme anaphylactic shock after being served a milk shake containing nuts.
- £1m recovered for an academic who suffered chronic pain following a road traffic accident, preventing him from working (previous solicitors put it through the small claims portal for low value personal injury claims).
I speak at training sessions for lawyers and regularly comment in the national press on high-profile cases with wide public interest, including BBC Radio 4 Today programme, BBC London Radio and BBC London News. I recently chaired a conference on the developing area of immunotherapy treatment for cancer patients.
I am a member of APIL (Association of Personal Injury Lawyers).
What others say…
Dushal Mehta is highly experienced in representing claimants suffering from mesothelioma and other asbestos-related illnesses. Sources note that he is a "dedicated and incredibly hardworking" practitioner, who "knows this area inside-out. He's very good with his clients - they really love him and they absolutely trust him."
he's very knowledgeable and gets brilliant results
an exceptional lawyer' with 'excellent' client-handling skills
excellent Dushal Mehta…very thorough, patient and hard-working