Transactions in the energy sector are often complex, given the highly regulated sector. Whether you are handling the necessary permitting requirements, dealing with the financing aspects, or busy with questions related to the investing and structuring of the project, there will be pitfalls along the road.
To respond to these drawbacks and challenges, you will find that there are several mechanisms and processes which can help you overcome barriers and complete your project successfully.
Together with industry specialists, our legal transactional energy practice experts will form a panel to discuss transactions in the energy sector and how to overcome legal issues and turn them into solutions. They will examine closely a selection of practical examples and will provide you with some significant insights on upcoming trends.
16:00 - 16:10 Participants' welcome and introduction
16:10 - 16:35 "How to handle permitting requirements and other regulatory pitfalls in your energy project"
16:35 - 17:05 "The future of project finance in a subsidy-free world"
- Sofie Heremans, Head of Banking & Finance Practice, Fieldfisher and Yasmin Nyeste, Manager Project Finance, KBC Bank & Verzekeringen
17:05 - 17:30 "How to mitigate risks in transaction documents"
- Louis-Francois du Castillon, Partner, Corporate Practice, and Lars Raedschelders, Partner, Corporate Practice, Fieldfisher
17.30 - 18:00 "Investing & structuring energy investment projects: key tax aspects"
18:00 - 18:30 Experts panel and Q&A
- Bert Derudder, Senior Manager Project Finance Renewable Energy, KBC Bank & Verzekering
- Cédric Legros, Investment Officer, SRIW, and co-CEO, Estor-Lux
- Kobe Cannaerts, Director of Sustainability, GreenPulse
- Moderator: David Haverbeke, Partner, Energy Practice, Fieldfisher
18:30 - 20:30 Networking & Walking Dinner
We hope to welcome many of you. For any questions on this event, please contact Griet Beliën. Please note this is an in person event.