I have acted for both high-profile individuals, and professional persons, including Directors and C-suite executives, at all stages of criminal matters.
In addition, I provide advice to corporates on any issues relating to criminal litigation and compliance.
Recent work highlights include:
- Prosecution discontinuing charges against my client for conspiracy to commit fraud and money laundering offences following representations
- Advising on adequate procedures under s.7 of the Bribery Act 2010
- Advising an individual in respect of possible criminality related to a unique piece of artwork
- Early-stage advice for an individual in respect of possible money laundering offences related to crypto assets
- Advising in respect of possible data offences under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and Data Protection Act 2018
- Advising a multinational life sciences corporation in respect of a number of ongoing requests for assistance from various enforcement bodies
- Drafting letters of representations to prosecution and enforcement bodies on behalf of corporates and individuals
- Successful judicial review of a decision made in criminal proceedings
- Advising on and drafting successful grounds of appeal against sentence in the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division)
- Advocate in a number of reported fraud trials at Southwark Crown Court and throughout the South East of England
- Advice on legal professional privilege
- Conducting internal investigations
While at the self-employed Bar, I also gained invaluable insight into prosecution and government work as a graded prosecutor and through secondments at both the Serious Fraud Office and the Home Office.
I am a Corporate Crime Contributor for Lexis PSL and regularly provide commentary on issues related to white-collar crime and crypto assets.
I am the Co-Chair of the London Irish Lawyers Association and a former President of the Middle Temple Young Barristers’ Association
What others say…
Will Glover is an outstanding lawyer with noteworthy analytical skills. He is able to rapidly assimilate voluminous material and has a talent for quickly identifying the critical issues. Will’s experience at the criminal Bar has put him in an ideal position to weigh up evidence in regulatory investigations and give crucial and timely advice to his clients. He is a well respected lawyer with a very bright future ahead of him.
William Glover, barrister, is the stand out individual I have worked with. His forensic analysis of large volumes of financial documents is second to none. His use of technology and working documents are exceptional and makes case preparation straight forward.
A robust junior.
Meticulous in his preparation.
Very hard working and intelligent.
He is a confident advocate and has excellent analytical skills.
His knowledge of the law extends well beyond what would be expected for his call.