I have significant experience of supporting compliance with prudential and conduct rules, liaising with the FCA and PRA, as well as corporate transactions.
I am listed as an "associate to watch" in Chambers and Partners UK for payments law and a "rising star" for financial services (non-contentious) by IFLR1000.
My recent work highlights include advising (including prior to joining Fieldfisher):
- CAB Payments on its IPO, the first by a bank holding company in the UK since 2017;
- a fintech client with implementation of the Consumer Duty;
- an investment bank with the launch of a cash pooling product in 25+ jurisdictions;
- a cryptoasset firm on an interest-bearing product, including analysis of regulated activities and financial promotion rules;
- a universal bank on its preparations for resolution;
- a fintech client in relation to certain AML breaches, including disclosure to the FCA; and
- a syndicate of banks on their participation in the New Payments Architecture.
Before returning to private practice at a leading international firm, I worked at the Bank of England. I draw on this experience at a regulator when advising clients to cut through complexity and achieve practical solutions.
What others say…
He is an exceptional lawyer with an incredible ability to cut to the chase, and importantly, able to explain legal issues in plain English.
He is infinitely charming and there is no extent to which he would not go in order to get the job done.