I have particular expertise in advising clients on:
- Judicial review challenges (both claimant and defendant side);
- Statutory appeals;
- Professional disciplinary proceedings;
- Inquests and public inquiries; and
- Government consultations.
I provide strategic, risk-based advice in relation to public sector decision-making. I also advise clients on how to challenge or influence government decisions. I have advised on high profile litigation and in non-contentious matters across a range of policy areas, from electoral law, healthcare, oil and gas, and the financial sector.
Recent work includes:
- Acting for the Electoral Commission in litigation regarding breaches of campaign finance rules;
- Advising the London Fire Brigade as a core participant in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry;
- Advising a corporate client in relation to its involvement in a high profile inquest;
- Advising various regulators in non-contentious matters in order to strengthen their decision making against legal challenge; and
- Setting up an independent investigation on behalf of a non-governmental body in line with terms of references set by its governing committee.