I practise in all areas of public and regulatory law, assisting clients seeking to challenge or defend decisions made by public bodies. I also work on internal and independent inquiries, including non-statutory reviews and investigations as well as fitness to practise cases.
- Professional Discipline
- Public Law and Judicial Review
- Public Policy
Since qualifying at Fieldfisher in 2020, I have worked with regulatory bodies as well as businesses that operate in highly regulated sectors.
Examples of recent work include:
- Assisting in the development of a new regulatory framework in respect of the disciplinary process of a key regulator.
- Developing a governance framework and advising on governance issues for a professional membership organisation.
- Advising a regulator in bringing disciplinary proceedings against a regulated practice and individuals.
- Supporting a regulator in defending a judicial review arising from a complaints process it had overseen and working with the client to consider lessons learned from the challenge.
I currently provide secretariat support and legal advice to a reviewer commissioned to undertake a high profile independent investigation in the sports sector.
I completed a degree in History at the University of Cambridge before I converted to law and obtained my LPC at the University of Law. I am a current member of the Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers.