I have undertaken a wide variety of work for a broad range of clients, from household names, major utilities providers and multinational companies through to smaller companies and private individuals with one-off pieces of litigation.
The clients I have worked with fall within a range of sectors, including retail, IT and telecommunications, finance, manufacturing, utilities, legal and education.
As well as having a wealth of experience of general commercial disputes, professional negligence, commercial fraud and partnership disputes, I have particular expertise in corporate litigation, including warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder / director disputes, unfair prejudice petitions and derivative actions.
I am experienced with alternative dispute resolution (particularly mediation) and often act on the basis of Conditional Fee Agreements and After-the-Event insurance.
Recent highlights include:-
- Assisting with a £30m corporate warranty / fraud dispute, in respect of which we achieved a multi-million pound Judgment at Trial;
- Acting for a shareholder in a complex and hotly contested shareholder dispute, which successfully settled at mediation for a seven figure sum;
- Obtaining a multi-million pound Judgment for a company based in the UAE against a former director in respect of a large commercial fraud across multiple jurisdictions;
- Acting for a former Premiership football agent in a high value FA Arbitration; and
- Acting for a well-known music promoter in a very large professional negligence dispute with a national firm of solicitors, this successfully settled shortly before Trial.
I recently delivered a full day training session to a global infrastructure company in respect of how best to prepare for litigation (both before and after a dispute arises), disclosure of documents and electronic data, privilege issues and alternative dispute resolution.