I have broad experience in a variety of contentious and non-contentious work and advise on a range of IP rights including patents, design rights, copyright, trade marks, passing off and domain names.
I have worked for a variety of well-known clients, from pharmaceutical companies and sports clients to tech giants and fashion brands.
My specific experience includes:
- A US deposition regarding a UK patent infringement dispute against a well-known tech company
- A legal opinion for a biopharmaceutical company on whether the underlying nucleic acid sequence of its transgene construct infringes two European Patents;
- Advice for a global pharmaceutical company on patent infringement exemptions in several EU Member States when conducting clinical trials;
- A trade mark and passing off litigation in the Intellectual Property and Enterprise Court against Sky;
- A strategic due diligence exercise for a worldwide governing body reviewing its licensing and sponsorship agreements;
- Various trade mark prosecution and enforcement matters for a wide range of clients;
Prior to becoming a lawyer, I completed a degree in Geography from the University of Exeter and worked at Goldman Sachs International.
I also represent clients of the National Deaf Children Society on a pro-bono basis in relation to special educational needs tribunals (most recently advocating at the Royal Courts of Justice) and I'm the founding member of Fieldfisher's Women@Work initiative.