I am a corporate partner in Fieldfisher's London office.
I advise companies, directors, entrepreneurs, shareholders and investors on M&A transactions, joint ventures, corporate venturing and strategic investments, private fundraisings, group reorganisations and general corporate matters.
I have particular experience of advising clients in the media & entertainment and technology & communications sectors.
I regularly advise broadcasters and distributors on strategic investments in TV production companies and on M&A transactions in this space.
I advise media, tech and other IP-rich companies on private fundraisings with venture capital funds, family offices and other investors.
My experience covers complex joint ventures – such as the ground breaking YouView joint venture, a free to air IPTV platform set up by a consortium of UK broadcasters, ISPs and communications companies.
My other clients span a range of sectors including professional services, consulting, FCA-regulated activities and oil & gas.
Recent deals include:
- The acquisition of a majority stake in an award winning UK drama producer;
- The acquisition of a specialist digital service design and engineering agency;
- The sale by a PE fund and several minority shareholders of a leading UK supplier of protective nano-coatings and waterproofing technology to a US-based market leader;
- The corporate joint venture behind a feature length animated movie based on a children's building toys brand;
- The acquisition of a leading digital insight and strategy consultancy;
- The auction sale of the rights owner of a catalogue of children's TV properties to a Canadian media group;
- The acquisition of an international payroll and payment solutions provider;
- A group reorganisation of the EMEA division of an NYSE-listed entertainment & media group;
- Funding rounds for an internet of things start-up, focusing on data acquisition and analytics in manufacturing;
- A US$120 million private fundraising for an oil & gas E&P company;
- The sale of a 3D-printing business to a NYSE-listed market leader;
- Numerous strategic minority investments in TV production companies
Legal 500 2019 recommends me as a "key individual" for media and entertainment corporate work.