My principal practice area is the prosecution and defense of substantial disputes arising out of outsourcing, technology, and communications contracts.
I act for major IT suppliers and leading UK telecommunications operators. I also advise various public sector clients in relation to significant outsourcing and data security disputes.
My practice encompasses the entire lifecycle of a dispute, from early strategic advice in relation to troubled IT projects, through pro-active dispute resolution by means of mediation and culminating in extensive court and arbitration expertise.
I regularly advise clients in relation to complex implementation, service and sub-contractor issues arising from the outsourcing of IT and telephonic services.
I also have a significant franchise litigation practice as part of a team which is ranked by Who's Who Franchise in the top 10 law firms globally. I advise large corporates, franchisors, and groups of franchisees.
I have acted in several significant franchise disputes in both the UK and overseas for household name clients in the retail sector.
Recent case highlights include acting for:
- A worldwide company specialising in IT consultancy and support services, in its multi-million-pound dispute with a supplier arising from the termination of a major project supporting the BBC's DNI project.
- An international telecoms company in its defense of a claim brought by an operating partner involving services in multiple jurisdictions in EMEA and the Americas;
- A corporate consortium on various issues arising from the implementation of a transport ticketing system, including complex issues arising from software implementation, IPR exchange and shareholder obligations under both lead and subcontracts.
- A software customer in a dispute with its supplier about Oracle licence support for a customer information system.
- A prominent broadcasting client in its dispute with a supplier about the development of a satellite television platform.
- A leading UK care home provider in its successful claim against franchisees in the leading recent English High Court judgment in this sector.
- A leading high street bank on various multi-million-pound claims arising from the closure of a network of banking agencies.
- A group of more than 100 franchisees in a dispute concerning their franchisor's level and quality of support to their businesses, and advising many of those on possible exits from the network.
I have regularly been recommended in Legal 500, and am listed in recent editions of Who's Who Legal. I contribute regularly to various professional publications and have commented in The Times, FT.com, New Law Journal, IT Law Today and Franchise Law Journal.