Public Transport Links
Bank Tube Station (Underground and DLR)
Distance: 0.3 miles, 6 minute walk to Riverbank House (all routes involve a small steep hill downwards to get to the office, unless you aim in the direction of London Bridge and get the lift, which is located on the North West side of the bridge, down to the river)
Disabled Access (limited accessibility – step-free entrance/exit is via King William Street only):
- Central Line: no step-free access.
- Waterloo & City Line: lift, escalator, and travelator access to platforms but manual ramp needed to get on and off the train (alert station staff of your requirements when arriving at the station/before boarding the train).
- DLR: full step-free access - escalator and lift
access between street (King William Street) and DLR platforms. NB. The doors
for the DLR are button-operated.
Cannon Street Station (Underground and Overground)
Distance: 0.3 miles, 5 minute walk to Riverbank House (all routes involve a small steep hill downwards to get to the office)
Disabled Access (this station has part step-free access):
- District & Circle Lines: Lift access between street and westbound platform only. Step-free onto tube westbound platform only.
- Overground: lift access to concourse via Cannon Street entrance (by M&S), a further lift connects the upper and lower concourses. Staff available to assist with manual ramp boarding.
London Bridge Station (Underground and Overground)
Distance: 0.7miles, 15 minute walk (mostly flat, this includes no stairs down from London Bridge as there is a lift available on the West side of the bridge)
Disabled Access (for step-free access, you need to use the correct entrance/exit depending on which platform you are travelling from/to):
- Jubilee and Northern tube lines have full step-free access.
- Staff available to assist with manual boarding ramps for overground trains.
- Lift access between street and Jubilee line platforms from Station Approach and Tooley Street entrances and Northern line platforms via Borough High Street.
- Escalator access between street and Jubilee line platforms via Borough High Street entrance only.
- Escalator interchange between Jubilee and Northern lines via Northern line ticket hall.
- Lift interchange between Jubilee and Northern lines requires exiting the station and travelling a 410m journey via the street – staff are available to direct and assist.
Monument Tube Station (Underground)
Distance: 0.2 miles, 5 minute walk to Riverbank House (all routes involve a small steep hill downwards to get to the office)
- No step-free access.
- The easiest and fastest route from London Bridge to Riverbank House via road is via the A300:
- Take London Bridge Street to Borough High Street.
- Take Southwark Street / A3200 to Thrale Street.
- Follow Thrale Street to Southwark Bridge Road/ A300.
- Continue off A300 to Swan Lane.
Turn right onto Swan Lane (destination will be
on the right).
Drop Off Points
The taxi drop off is outside the building on Swan Lane.
is an electronically powered accessible door on Upper Thames Street where you
can press the button to alert security and the door will open in order to enter
the building. See further information in the 'On arrival at our Office'
There are a limited number of car spaces in the Underground
Car Park (lower basement level), bookable in advance. Please contact your host
to arrange for a disabled access parking bay to be booked. Alternatively, if
you would like to discuss your access needs further, please liaise with 9th
floor reception prior to arrival on 0330 460 7000 or London.Reception@fieldfisher.com.
When driving down Swan Lane, you will see the Parking
Entrances (2 x lifts) on your right.
You will need to temporarily get out of the vehicle to buzz
the intercom (located between the two lifts). Alternatively, your host can meet
you outside to assist. Security will ask your name, registration, and allocated
parking bay (your host will let you know this information prior to arrival).
The car lift will be opened remotely and you will need to
enter and continue to the Basement Parking Garage. Please note that the height restriction for
the car lift is 215cm and weight restriction is 5600kg. The length is
Once parked in the allocated bay, you will then need to
return through one of the car lifts to street level and make your way to the
Ground Floor Reception where a visitor's pass can be obtained to access the 9th
floor reception (disabled access via the electronically powered door).
Closest Public Parking:
NCP Vintry Thames Exchange - 0.2 miles, 1 minute
drive, 2 Blue Badge bays.
Baynard House - 0.8 miles, 4 minute drive, 5
Blue Badge bays.
NCP London Bridge - 1.3 miles, 8 minute drive,
12 Blue Badge bays.
The City of London have 200 allocated
time-limited Blue Badge bays across the Square Mile for Blue Badge holders.
Assistance dogs are more than welcome into the building.
If would like to discuss your access needs further, please liaise with 9th floor reception prior to arrival on 0330 460 7000 or London.Reception@fieldfisher.com.
On Arrival at our Office
Please note: All visitors to Riverbank House are required to provide a valid form of identification to reception for security purposes.
- There are two rotating doors to the building and a buzzer/pass-operated automatic accessible door on the right.
- The height of the buzzer to the floor on entering the building is 133cm. If you are unable to reach this height, please notify your host in advance and they would be happy to meet you at the door. Alternatively, the doors are glass and security staff are present at all times and will spot you waiting outside so will open the door.
- On exiting the building, the button to operate the door is 95cm from the floor.
- The route from the lobby to reception is wheelchair accessible through the widened, accessible turnstile (the barriers automatically move out of the way with a visitor's pass). The accessible turnstile is 93cm wide. Security staff are on hand to assist, if needed.
- Once through the turnstile, lifts must be called via a computer terminal. The buttons are touch-screen and require minimal pressure. If you are unable to reach over to press the screen or need assistance reading the screen, please ask a member of security staff for assistance.
- All passenger lifts can accommodate wheelchair users - dimensions: 109cm (door) x 193cm (width) x 160cm (depth).
- All fire lifts can also accommodate a wheelchair user - dimensions: 80cm (door) x 107cm (width) x 140cm (depth).
- All doors within Fieldfisher are wheelchair accessible with widths ranging from 109cm – 180cm.
- Most doors are manually operated on Fieldfisher's floors. On the 7th floor, however, there is an automatic door and, on this floor, there is a wheelchair accessible toilet with a portable hoist. The door is pass-operated to enter and button-operated to exit. The accessible loo on this floor also has an automatic door, the buttons for which are touch-sensitive.
- All meeting rooms are wheelchair accessible. Staff are on hand to assist with opening/closing doors and accompanying you to the appropriate room.
- There is fixed loop hearing available only in the seminar room located on the 9th floor.
On the 9th floor (where visitors go), there are three accessible toilets – these are 'standard' accessible toilets as opposed to changing places bathrooms. All have hand rails and emergency cords with space next to the toilet for transferring (some on the left and some on the right).
If you require more space and hoisting equipment, there is one large toilet with a wet room, shower with a pull-down seat, and a portable hoist on the 7th floor. In the shower, there is also a drop down handrail. The emergency red cord is located to the right hand side of the toilet, with a drop down handle located to the left hand side. For transferring purposes, there is more overall space to the left. This toilet also has an automatic door for entry and exit. The buttons are touch-sensitive and include a locking button. Please note there is no changing bed in this toilet. If the hoist is required, please bring your own sling.
Prayer Room and Medical Room
There is no specific prayer room within in the building, however, the first aid room located on the 7th floor (south side) can provide you with a quiet space for such a use.
The medical room has a multitude of facilities in case you are feeling unwell or if there is an emergency. This includes:
- A fully stocked first aid kit
- A bed
- Clinical waste bin
- A defibrillator