We are delighted to be joined by guest speakers:
- Etienne Chantrel, Deputy General Rapporteur and Head of the Merger Control, French Competition Authority.
- Maria Duarte, Director of Mergers, UK Competition and Markets Authority.
We will also have the pleasure to have the presence of Etienne Pfister, former chief economist, French Competition Authority.
The discussion will cover the following hot topics:
- Buying a business in the EU and the UK: handling merger control issues, the interaction between Brussels and NCAs including the UK CMA; the impact of foreign direct investment rules and the new EU Foreign Subsidies Regulation
- Preparing for and managing investigations: dawn raids; handling information in an electronic age; legal privilege issues
- Routes to market: appointing and terminating distributors; resale pricing and territorial protections
- Competition damages actions: class actions, follow on and standalone actions; choice of jurisdiction
The discussion will be followed by a networking drinks reception. We hope you will be able to join us in Paris!
Please note: The discussion will be livestreamed for those who are unable to join in person.
17:30 - 18:00 - Arrival and Refreshments
18:00 - 19:30 - Hot Topics in EU & UK Competition Law with Q&A
19:30 - 20:30 - Networking Cocktail Reception
Times listed are in CEST.