I am a real estate lawyer based in our Manchester office with a background in advising domestic, overseas and offshore companies on a diverse range of property issues and ventures. My experience includes advising clients in the industrial/logistics, tech and retail sectors on acquisitions and disposals of investment properties and development sites and also on the management of estates and large portfolios. I also advise lenders on real estate finance transactions and advises purchasers and vendors on the real estate aspects of corporate transactions.
Examples of my work includes:
- Advising on a £25m disposal of residential development site with planning for 300+ units.
- Advising on the acquisition of 50,000 sq ft city-centre office development for global professional services firm
- Acting for national food retailer on acquisitions, disposals and general management of its portfolio including development of new stores, lease acquisitions and renewals of existing stores and day-to-day estate management.
- Acting for institutional fund in its capacity as Landlord of UK retail assets including shopping centres.
- Advising international rapid grocery delivery business on real estate aspects of entry into the UK market and subsequent lease acquisitions
- Advising listed client in relation to £70m business acquisition including large portfolio of c.25 warehouse premises and subsequent hive-up into appropriate PropCos.
- Acquisition of development site in Manchester City Centre for £40m PRS scheme.
What others say…
Martin Bloor is a solid property lawyer with practical solutions and a commercial approach to move transactions forward in a positive way; always dependable and helpful.