I focus my practice on commercial and investment treaty arbitration, as well as public international law.
I have extensive experience in international arbitrations under a variety of rules, including the ICSID, UNCITRAL, ICC, LCIA and DIS Rules. I further represent clients before EU and national courts in relation to arbitration and investment protection, as well as business and human rights.
My recent experience includes the representation of:
- Irish investors in an ICSID arbitration against the Federal Republic of Germany under the Energy Charter Treaty, as well as in related German court proceedings.
- A European automotive company in an ICC arbitration against a U.S. supplier in relation to the delivery of defective air-bag components.
- An aerospace company against a U.S. supplier in relation to the delivery of defective components.
- A multinational company in an LCIA arbitration in relation to mining rights.
- A state-owned entity of an Eastern European state on potential investment arbitration claims relating to the development of a commercial centre.
- Investors in an ICSID arbitration and before the General Court of the EU with regard to investments in a European State.
- An Eastern European state in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a state-owned gas company.
- A European life sciences company against a European pharmaceutical and biotechnology company in a DIS arbitration brought under a share purchase agreement.
- A group of multinational companies with regard to the enforcement and recognition of arbitral awards against an Eastern European State in Germany.
- A European defence company in a dispute against a European State in relation to EU law aspects of defence procurement.
I am a lecturer at the University of Munich, where I teach public international law. I have further worked on several pro bono projects for international human rights organisations and in the area of public international law.
Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I practised for several years at international law firms in Paris, Brussels, Washington D.C., and Munich, focusing on international arbitration, public international law and EU law.
I hold a PhD in European and international law from the University of Munich, an LL.M. from the University of Cambridge, as well as a law degree from the University of Münster. I am admitted to the German Bar.
I speak English, German, French and Spanish.