I am co-head of Fieldfisher's International Life Sciences and healthcare group. I am a transactional lawyer advising on both corporate and IP deals. On the corporate side these including venture investment, joint ventures, pharma asset divestment and in particular cross-border structured M&A deals. In the transactional intellectual property field deals include structured licensing, strategic partnering, co-operative research and development and drug supply.
I'm passionate about the life sciences sector and have an D.Phil. in Biochemistry from the University of Oxford.
I am a fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine and a fellow of the Royal Society of Biology and sit on a number of advisory committees of the BIA.
Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I spent 14 years at another international law firm, where I was head of their UK life science and healthcare group.Recent notable transactions that I have advised on include:
- Phynova on its €10 million funding round by DSM Venturing, part of Royal DSM.
- MedAnnex on £11.5M Morningside ventures investment.
- Intelligent Ultrasound on first OEM partner agreement for its AI based imaging software.
- Garrison (cyber security company) on £22.9m funding round.
- Sensyne Health in connection with its AIM IPO.
- Cancer Rop on $10M investment into cancer vaccine firm, Oxford Vacmedix.
- Biotecnol on Cancer Research UK partnership to trial new immunotherapy.
- Actavis UK and Actavis Ireland in relation to its £603m divestment by Teva to Intas.
- Invicro on acquisition of Imanova.
- StarLeaf on $40m Series B fundraising.
- Accelovance Inc on its multimarket agreement to acquire THERAMetrics CRO operations.
- Acano on its $700m acquisition by Cisco.