I specialise particularly in the structuring, setting-up, documentation and conduct of business of regulated and non-regulated investment funds (UCITS and AIFs - all asset classes such as capital markets, hedge funds, private equity, real estate, distressed assets, tangible assets, Fintech). I also advise on related matters such as AIFM, AML, data protection, PE/RE transactions, group restructuring, redomiciliation, and cross-border mergers.
I'm in regular contact with the Luxembourg Commission de surveillance du secteur financier (CSSF) on all matters relating to the licensing and setting-up of investment funds and management companies. I also sit in a number of working groups with the Association Luxembourgeoise des Fonds d’Investissement (ALFI).
I've published articles, notably on the reserved alternative investment fund (RAIF), and regularly speak at workshops on investment management.
Before joining Fieldfisher in April 2018, I founded the Asset Management practice of another Luxembourg law firm. Before that, I was with a another leading Luxembourg law firm, where I started my career in the fund industry in 1999, and after one year as a litigation lawyer.
I have been cited in The Legal 500 for the third consecutive year: “Extremely knowledgeable and responsive’ team head Ingrid Dubourdieu is recommended”.
I have been a member of the Luxembourg Bar since 1998. I hold a Business Law Masters Degree from the Robert Schumann University (Strasbourg - France), a DESS in International Business Law from the Jean Moulin University (Lyon - France) and a Management and International Business Law Advanced Master from the ESSEC (Paris - France). I speak French and English proficiently, and have a good command of German, Italian and Portuguese.
Relevant recent projects
- Acting for a mid-tier asset manager implemented in Luxembourg;
- Acting for a mid-tier asset manager implemented in Luxembourg and France in various cross-border restructuring activities;
- Acting for a French leading asset manager in cross-border fund mergers;
- Acting for a Spanish leading financial group in the set-up of various Luxembourg alternative investment funds (private equity and real estate focused);
- Acting for a French asset manager in relocating in Luxembourg and obtaining the AIFM licence, with the creation of a French branch;
- Acting as legal adviser for UK mid-tier assets managers for the setting-up and operating of master/feeder UCITS;
- Acting for a provider of fund management services in strategic planning;
- Acting for a Luxembourg bank in the structuring of its alternative investment fund platform;
- Acting for an Eastern Country AIFM in the structuring of an alternative investment fund investing in virtual currencies in Luxembourg (in progress);
- Acting for a Brazilian manager in the structuring of an alternative investment fund in Luxembourg;
- Acting for a Brazilian family office in the structuring of an alternative investment fund in Luxembourg;
- Acting in various redomiciliations of (investment) companies to Luxembourg;
- Acting for (U)HNWIs in the structuring of their investment vehicles in Luxembourg;
- Acting for a UK client acting as business angel in the structuring of its investment vehicles in Luxembourg;
- Acting for a Luxembourg bank in AML related matters.