I deal with a wide range of disputes on behalf of individuals and commercial entities in a broad range of sectors (including education, IT, construction/property, retail/wholesale, pharmaceuticals and manufacturing). I have particular experience of dealing with disputes in the utilities sector.
My focus is on professional negligence claims (against accountants, surveyors and solicitors), contract disputes, property/construction related disputes, contentious probate, corporate based disputes (including shareholder / partnership disputes), claims for injunctive relief and contested debt claims. I have also been involved in the execution of a High Court Search and Seize Order.
I aim to work alongside clients to resolve disputes commercially and cost-effectively. I have experience of alternative dispute resolution including mediation and without prejudice negotiations.
Some of my work highlights include:
- Assisting to reach a sizeable settlement following exchange of witness evidence and attendance at mediation for an individual client in her professional negligence claim against her personal injury solicitors who negligently dealt with her personal injury claim.
- Opposing an application for injunctive relief to reinstate the supply of water from our clients’ property to the applicants land, including an application to strike out the claim.
- Acting for a utility provider client in its claim for damages against two defendants for conspiracy to injure by unlawful means and causing loss by unlawful means (deceit practiced on the client’s customers) and an injunction to restrain the defendants from inducing customers to act in breach of their contractual obligations.
- Securing a favourable settlement for a leaseholder client in its dispute with its landlord regarding defective works completed by the landlord in accordance with an agreement for lease.
- Advising a client in the pharmacy sector on its professional negligence claim against its accountants and tax advisers regarding a tax avoidance scheme, which went on to settle pre-issue.
- Reaching a settlement during mediation, and prior to trial, for defendant clients in their contentious probate dispute with family members involving the interpretation of their parents’ Will.
- Securing a settlement for a client in its professional negligence claim against a surveyor for a negligent valuation report in respect of a leasehold investment property.
- Representing a client (a national franchise) in multiple separate claims for breaches of various franchise agreements and breaches of guarantees. One case disposed of to date was concluded by way of a successful application for summary judgment against franchisee and four guarantors in excess of £150,000.
- Managing a caseload of contested multi-track claims for utility provider clients in respect of unpaid invoices for gas/electricity which often reached the trial stage.
Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with friends and family, good food and wine, travel and amateur photography.