Solicitor, Tax and Structuring
I am a solicitor in the Tax and Structuring Department, specialising in contentious tax disputes.
- Dispute Resolution
- Professional Negligence
- Tax and Structuring
- Tax Disputes and Investigations
I have assisted on a variety of taxation disputes. I have experience assisting on a range of direct and indirect taxation disputes. I work with all industry sectors, and both companies and private individuals.
In addition, I assist on claims for professional negligence arising from negligent tax advice and commercial disputes where the subject matter is tax related.
My recent and current cases include:
- An IR35 dispute on behalf of a media personality.
- A claim for professional negligence on behalf of high net worth individual in relation to incorrect tax advice.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in relation to a voluntary disclosure of tax irregularities to HMRC and associated litigation.
- Advising an international company on a multi-million pound employment status for tax dispute, concerning the status of several hundred off-payroll workers under PAYE rules and tax at stake in excess of £50m.
In my free time, I play polo and farm pedigree cattle and sheep.