I joined Fieldfisher as a Solicitor in September 2019. I have considerable experience in managing complex Deputyships and Personal Injury Trusts for both adults and children who have sustained severe brain injuries. I have specialised in Court of Protection work for the last 6 years, having managed a varied caseload as a Senior Paralegal prior to training as a Solicitor and qualifying in March 2019.
My experience includes:
- Dealing with the ongoing management of complex Deputyships, both pre and post-settlement;
- Making applications to the Court of Protection for the appointment of professional Deputies;
- Managing the purchase of properties and subsequent high value adaptation projects;
- Working with case managers to build complex care and therapy packages to support clients to return from hospitals and rehabilitation placements to living in the community;
- Advising lay Deputies on Court of Protection applications and ongoing Deputyship management;
- Establishing Personal Injury Trusts to manage settlement awards;
- Assisting with the preparation of expert witness statements on Court of Protection costs in medical negligence and serious injury cases.
I enjoy working collaboratively with my clients, their families, litigation lawyers and case managers to support my clients in their recovery following life changing injuries. I have a particular interest in helping the families of children who have suffered injuries as a result of birth trauma.
I read Law at the University of Leeds before completing my LPC at the College of Law, York. Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I worked in one of the country's leading Court of Protection teams and was a litigation support specialist for the London team of a national department. I a member of the Court of Protection Practitioners' Association (CoPPA) and the Professional Deputies Forum.