I joined Fieldfisher in December 2022. I have experience of dealing with a wide range of Court of Protection work and my caseload includes the day to day management of deputyships and personal injury trusts for both adults and children. Many of my cases involve individuals who have sustained serious brain injuries arising from accidents, medical negligence and birth trauma. I also deal with the management of deputyships for elderly clients with Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
I assist with the management of significant personal injury awards both while claims are litigating (and interim payments are available) and post-settlement. Throughout this process, I provide support to the Deputy and the litigation solicitors in order to ensure that our clients' best interests are prioritised and their needs are being met.
My experience also includes:
- Preparing annual Deputy Reports to the Office of the Public Guardian
- Drafting deputyship applications to the Court of Protection
- Working closely with my clients, their families, support teams and case managers
- Preparing detailed budgets and monitoring income and expenditure for my deputyship and trust clients
- Providing advice and assistance to lay deputies and trustees
I enjoy working collaboratively with clients, their families, litigation lawyers and case managers to support our clients in their recovery following life changing injuries.