I joined Fieldfisher as a Partner in 2017, and lead the firm's dedicated Court of Protection team. I have specialised exclusively in Court of Protection work for over ten years and have considerable experience of managing complex deputyships and personal injury trusts for adults and children. Many of my clients have sustained serious brain injuries as a result of catastrophic accidents or birth trauma and have received substantial damages awards which need to be managed carefully in order to meet their lifetime needs.
My experience includes:
- Acting as a professional deputy and trustee
- Providing expert evidence on Court of Protection and deputyship costs
- Dealing with complex statutory will proceedings
- Making applications to the Court of Protection for gifts and settlements
- Investigating suspected financial abuse of vulnerable individuals and reporting to the Court of Protection
- Making health and welfare applications to the Court of Protection to determine disputed welfare issues and to appoint welfare deputies
- Acting for and advising non-solicitors in connection with Court of Protection applications and their role and responsibilities as a lay deputy or trustee
I work closely with my clients, their families, case managers, support teams and litigation lawyers to ensure that my clients' property and financial affairs are managed as collaboratively as possible. I recognise the importance of being flexible and pragmatic in my approach in order to ensure my clients' needs are identified and met on an ongoing basis.
I read Law at Durham University and graduated with a First Class degree. I went on to complete my LPC at the College of Law, London with distinction. Prior to joining Fieldfisher, I worked at two of the country's leading Court of Protection practices and managed the London team of a national Court of Protection department. I am member of the Court of Protection Practitioners' Association (CoPPA) and have been recognised in the Legal 500 for my Court of Protection work on cases for children with cerebral palsy.
I am ranked in Legal 500 as a Next Generation Partner.
What others say…
Anna Bond has a unique ability to communicate effectively often having to say things which can be difficult for clients and families to hear without causing breakdowns in relationships. She is a very clear strategic thinker.