I joined the firm in 2015 and I have over 20 years of experience in dealing with all aspects of commercial property.
I act for property developers in the acquisition of development land, drawdown in development finance and the disposal of completed units. I am experienced in dealing with the negotiating and drafting of commercial leases for offices, retail units, industrial buildings, public houses, restaurants and hotels. I have also been involved in rectification of title and planning issues.
I act for vendors and purchasers in the acquisition and disposal of commercial property including advising on planning and licensing related issues on behalf of banks, receivers, companies and individuals.
I act for landlords and tenants and investors in all aspects of the leasing of commercial properties, including drafting agreements regarding options to buy properties.
I act in structuring and financing residential and commercial developments including site acquisition and drafting contracts, building agreements, collateral warranties and licence agreements.
I act for Receivers in remedying title difficulties and preparing properties for sale and in renegotiated agreements to preserve asset value.
I have a particular interest and expertise in the Aquaculture Industry and I act on behalf of aquaculture businesses in the acquisition, development and licensing of shellfish farms and processing plants.
My recent highlights include;
• I acted for a Receiver in the completion of a 8.5m sale of a commercial property in County Dublin following the exercise of an option including resolution of issues regarding a management company, car parking spaces, occupational leases and
• I acted for a Receiver in the sale of residential development lands in County Kildare for €7.6m, involved complex issues in relation to procuring access and services from adjoining owners.
• I acted for a Receiver over a mixed Residential / Commercial development in County Dublin in putting in place various occupational leases and in the sale of the units as a single lot for circa €3 million.
• I acted for a prominent Developer in the acquisition of substantial residential development lands, for the development of 450 residential units, in the greater Dublin area including the certification of title and negotiation and agreement on qualifications on title with a UK Funder.
• I acted in the sale of a Leasehold Interest in a 5,996 sq foot office space in Dublin to a US Healthcare Company. The sale involved the assignment of a Lease, a licence for car parking and a licence for equipment in the basement area.
• I advised a public body on the taking of a Lease, Agreement for Lease and fit out licence on 1600 square meters of office space, over two floors in Dublin City Centre. This involved intensive engagement with the client’s project manager in tailoring the agreement to allow the client flexibility in its fit out of the space and required us to facilitate the taking over of the lease by the OPW if so required.
• I acting for a UK based PLC in the taking of a Lease and associated Licences for a substantial office premises.
• I acting for a UK based company in the Leisure sector in relation to the leasing of a portfolio of premises throughout Ireland and in the taking of a lease over its Head Quarters building in Dublin.