I have represented people exposed to asbestos for more than 10 years, acting on behalf of those diagnosed with mesothelioma and other asbestos related diseases. I am experienced in all aspects of the claims and litigation process involved.
I am listed as a 'key lawyer' in the Legal 500 and I am an APIL Senior Litigator, Asbestos Disease Specialist and Occupational Disease Specialist.
I have recovered millions of pounds for clients over the years. I strive to provide excellent client care and ensure that the claims process is as stress free as possible for my clients. I always go the extra mile to achieve the best results for every client. I pride myself on feedback from my clients, which includes:
"Shaheen makes you feel that not only is she a very competent solicitor but that she genuinely cares."
"Shaheen kept us fully informed at all times of the progress and helped us understand where we were with the claim. She visited us and listened to the affect that my father's death had on us and was very patient and understanding throughout."
"I wish to thank your company and particularly yourself for the professionalism shown throughout the proceedings. You kept me informed every step of the way."
Some of my recent cases include:
- Settlement for a man during his lifetime including private "mesothelioma related treatment". The man had received single immunotherapy as part of a clinical trial but was then removed because he did not fulfil the protocol.
His oncologist recommended combination immunotherapy and the Defendant unsuccessfully argued that the treatment was not reasonable because it was not recommended by the client's NHS treating oncologist. Settlement included that invoices were discharged by the Defendants' insurers.
- Settlement for a 64-year-old client who developed symptoms of mesothelioma. He was working full-time and we recovered his loss of earnings until age 70 full-time and until age 72 part-time. Settlement included that if his disease progresses, he can re-open his case.
- Damages for a client living in Canada but exposed to asbestos in Scotland. I settled his claim within seven months and his family benefit from bringing claims in Scotland where the definition of dependant would include the client's siblings, spouse, children and grandchildren.
- A complex 'overalls case' where my client was exposed to asbestos through washing her husband's overalls. The claim was against the husband's employers and extensive investigation was necessary regarding the companies' accounts to ensure there was a paymaster. Fortunately, judgment on liability was entered against the Defendants at an early hearing and the Court made an order for interim payment.
- Successful claim for the widow of a self-employed man working as a subcontractor at Costain Ltd head office in London. We successfully argued in Court that Costain owed the man a common law duty of care because it supervised the work and provided the asbestos materials.
- Compensation awarded to typist exposed to asbestos while delivering reports to managers.
- Compensation for a carpenter initially told by his local Kent solicitor he did not have a case.
- Six-figure settlement for a Midland Bank manager exposed to asbestos in dusty basements.
What others say…
Her excellent qualities include tenacity, being incredibly bright and being able to take on difficult cases through her ability to take on arguments. She's a top lawyer.
I find Shaheen very hard-working, kind, thoughtful, patient and always there to explain things.
Shaheen Mosquera has a keen intellect and deep knowledge of personal injury litigation.
She was just brilliant - she kept us well informed, gave us good advice and explained the processes. We felt supported throughout.
Shaheen Mosquera is willing to go the extra mile for clients.
Shaheen Mosquera is an absolutely top-class operator in asbestos litigation; tenacious and conscientious in equal measure. She gets superb results for her clients in difficult claims on both liability and quantum. I would highly recommended her for complex and high-value mesothelioma claims.
I dealt exclusively with Shaheen Mosquera, who is absolutely phenomenal at what she does. She is an expert with well over ten years experience – and it shows. It was very easy to develop a great working relationship with Shaheen. She helps you focus on what you can control and somehow makes you feel so much better. An absolute superstar lawyer and I would rate her as certainly one of the very best lawyers that I have ever had the pleasure of working with.
Very thorough and happy to investigate and run tricky points.
Incredibly conscientious and really fights hard for clients; fantastic.