The TMT department has widely recognized
knowledge and extensive market experience in both advisory and litigation
matters, particularly in corporate M&A, regulatory, competition, B2B and
B2C contracts, and consumer protection issues. It advises and assists many
large French and international companies as well as innovative SMEs, service
providers, telecom operators, advertising agencies, publishers and end users.
Our team works closely with the firm's other departments to offer clients a full range of services: intellectual property (domain names, etc.), social, tax, corporate, etc.
- Negotiation and drafting of contracts (commercial contracts, license agreements, maintenance and hosting agreements);
- Entire outsourcing life-cycle and the full spectrum of outsourcing transactions (desktop automation, BPO, facilities management, HR, transformational outsourcing, warehousing and logistics);
- Assistance to companies in the creation and launch of their websites or online platforms;
- Structuring and negotiation of technology-rich transactions (including labour law aspects);
- Transactions related to the development of the Internet of Things and artificial intelligence;
- Assistance in the context of data monetisation.
with regard to copyright infringements, IP and domain name issues, as well as
- Assistance with issues related to online media.
- Regulatory assistance in the context of national and European regulations, in particular with regard to network regulation (access, interconnection, etc.), numbering management, licensing, frequency allocation, price regulation, control and sanction procedures;
- Assistance in regulatory inquiries, in particular in the framework of markets review;
- Assistance in relation with postal services and sector regulation;
- Assistance in relation with data interruption and retention, and other duties on behalf of electronic communication operators.
Data protection - Privacy
- Personal data, binding corporate rules, strategic advice on data transfer, data protection audit, data protection in the EU, privacy;
- E-commerce consumer law.
Proceedings before national regulatory authorities, including the Autorité de Régulation des Communications Electroniques et des Postes (ARCEP), the Conseil Supérieur de l'Audiovisuel (CSA), and the Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés (CNIL).
Our recent experience
Advising Computacenter in the acquisition of the domestic activities of BTS, the French subsidiary of BT Group.
Advising to the Japanese multinational, Glory Ltd on a major investment (80%) in French company Acrelec.
Advising Hub One, the telecom subsidiary of Aéroports de Paris (Paris Airports also known as "ADP"), for 6 years in the framework of the assignment of 2,6 GHz frequencies by the ARCEP which have finally been granted to Hub One in January 2020.
Advising Tofane Group, a wholesaler of voice and data solutions, in M&A, competition, telecommunication law and regulatory matters. We notably assisted Tofane in the context of a consultation launched by the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the interaction between the FCC and the Committee on the Assessment of Foreign Participation in the United States Telecommunications Services Sector for the processing of FCC license applications and transfers of control of existing licenses.
Advising Atelier du Courrier, a provider of mailing services employing only disabled persons, on regulatory issues and the implementation of GDPR. Our assistance also included the drafting of the contracts of the services provided by Atelier du Courrier.
Advising MyBestPro on a regular basis since its creation, in particular with all its strategic issues. Recently, our assistance included advice regarding the development of a B to C telemedicine project, as well as legal and strategic advice with regard to MyBestPro's development in the USA, and advice in the framework of an investigation of the CNIL.